Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I bought some H&R racing springs for my svt. I was wondering how long I could use the stock shock with these spring before I upgrade to Konis?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No help??? Come on guys I know someone on this board knows.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
I'll pass basic ZX3 info to you. The SVT struts/shocks aren't *that* much better than the "normal" ones. I toasted my stock ZX3 struts with H & R Sport Springs in a few thousand miles. With the racings springs, I would guess your SVT stuff would last about as long. Take it easy, you might get 10-15 thousand out of them. Have fun, I'll bet they're toast in 5-10 thousand.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
i agree with phillip just a little bit....I have the svt struts with a progress 1.8 drop and I drive it HARD...LIKE really hard, always racing....1/4 and road course "style". I have had them for about 10k now and NO problems. Just some clunking in the back, but i don't care about that

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
I was guessing the racing springs might take their toll a bit sooner. Then again, that's why they make aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
What kind of drop did the springs give you? Is the fender gap in back more than in the front, like a stock SVT? I've been looking into suspensions for mine and would appreicate your input.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There suppose to be at my door step by thursday 9-25, I'll try to install them on friday and take pictures.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have the H&R race springs. here's a pic

hard to really judge by mine though. the speaker box inthe back weighs a ton. it's 4cuFt of MDF with 2 JL15's in it. plus the 2 amps. makes the car sit a little even instead of higher in the back. if you want to see more pics got o http://www.idversusego.com and click the "my car" link

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
IDversusEGO thank you for the pict.

Lurker hope you get them on without any problems and get some pict posted soon.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hey I'll tell ya' what, if those Racing springs are too stiff for you I'll trade you for a set of Apex Springs!
They will go well with the SVT stocks.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Alright, I bought some H&R racing springs for my svt. I was wondering how long I could use the stock shock with these spring before I upgrade to Konis?
So how did the ride turn out? Bumpy?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts