Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dammit, I just saw this in Off Topic. Oh well, Mods, feel free to delete or whatever.

·
Registered
688 Posts
That hilarious
. If anything though the other topic should be closed; this is automotive related

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
I posted this in the OT thread, too:

H2's are beefier than you think they are. if used properly, it probably could have climbed that 1' curb no sweat. it probably would have scraped up the skidplate, but thats what it's there for. RAMMING an obstacle that you're trying to climb isn't usually a good plan, though, and There was no way she was going to conquer that statue, airborn or otherwise.

H2's are fine for offroading, but like any vehicle, you need to know what you're doing before you try.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
"women shouldn't be allowed to drive vehicles taller than they are"

So true, so true. And the report was kinda off. SHe DID kill the curb. Quite easily it appears. THe tires didn't appear to squirm at all, from teh tracks, as it surmounted the curb. it's jsut hte statue.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
at some point someone said it ahs a solid 12 bolt rear axle. I was told they have 4 wheel independent suspension. by the looks of what is hanging out the back looks like independent, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I dont get why the tires are flat and suspension is dead??? I mean a 1' DIRT curb shouldnt be much of a match for something that high off the ground with that thick of tires? I dont get it, That really must be a poorly made vehicle.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I believe the H2 uses a lot of Tahoe and Suburban parts, so I'm pretty sure that's a GM 12 bolt with the aformentioned multilink setup in the rear.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Be funny as hell if she was also married had to explain wtf happened to a ^$50k suv her hubby bought her.Spoiled an ignorant.Makes as much sense as buying a vette and doing hot laps at the mall to show how fast it goes.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
she did FINE Over the dirt curb. Look at the tracks. JHEck, i'll take my focus over a 1 foot dirt curb and would prolly do no real damage, aside from a cracked bumper. IT was hitting the concrete at 40. THe body encountered no resistance and continued moving while the axles were stopped dead in their tracks. Shearing forces from this interaction could easily lead to the tie rods being broken, etc. Axle and body moving at two different speeds equals not pretty. THis was the mechanical equivalent of unbelted passengers if that makes mroe sense.

Oh, yah, and H2's insult the real hummer by existing. Call them the tahoe, hummer edition
but not h2

1 - 20 of 27 Posts