Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent Ray a PM last night, and he called me at work today. I've had it with this M45 - even after the Endyn treatment I just ain't gonna get what I want from it. The whole thing is getting replaced with a turbo and I'm getting a street tune for 93 octane and a race tune for the 103 I can get at Atco dragway. This means the M45 with 2.3" pulley, the ported & polished JRSC manifold, a BRAND NEW Snow injection kit with the 1/4" nozzle (for direct screw in), maybe some Crower stage 1 cams, and probably a Random Tech Hiflo cat & JBA shorti header will be available soon. I just can't nickle & dime anymore and want @300 whp. Seeing as I have a built block from Tom and a levelTen ATX, why shouldn't I go for it? I'm just wondering if a 50 shot would be worth it or not. How's the scuttlebut on Rousch's kits? ...and will a stock fuel pump handle this kind of demand?

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I still have the stock fuel pump, and pretty much everything else.... well almost

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Do it!!! You have a built block and LevelTen ATX... I can see why you'd be upset. You're definately built for more power! Just get a compressor that can give it to ya.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
put the m45 on your snaper and get the grass done faster
ohhhh MC me

yea man turbo the beast
or buy the powerworks and spray it 100 shot and 12 psi

ok just turbo it

·
Registered
445 Posts
beacause that just wouldn't be as cool, no one expects a focus to run circles around a vette....

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking about attaching the blower to my humidifier and having a "rainforest party", with only white t-shirts allowed. And I do have a faster car - a Diamond Star monster in a Plymouth (intercooled turbo if you didn't know already) that I've blown up. I wanted a street-legal sleeper which is why I started this with a 4 door ZTS. The Focus handles WWWWAAAAAYYYYYY better than the other, especially since the Eibach kit was installed. I could have bought a Mustang and been like every other 5.0 at the track but I've always wanted to do something like this ever since I had a Laser back in the mid 80's. That little car kept up with the IROC Camaros after a few Direct Connection mods. I can't wait to get this car done and on a track against Evos & WRXs. I'm impatient to see how it will run after all the brake/suspension/engine/transmission work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts