Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my Cossie Intake Manifold today and hopefully my cams,springs and retainers will be here tommarrow so I can have them installed as well.My question is is the Cossie Intake Manifold hard to install?I am not mechanically stupid by know means.Thanks(I can almost taste the power
)

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
Great thread title...

Yes, the Cossie Manifold is a bitch to install. Getting the stock one off is no easy task, and attaching the new one is no walk in the park either. My instructions were like revision one, and had some mistakes, so I can't really say based on the current set of instructions where you might need to do things different.

I posted some tips in a thread not too long ago. If I can find them, I'll post them here. Meanwhile, you might change the title of this thread to something a bit more descriptive of the content inside.

>8^)
ER

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
Found it:

A couple of quick tips on the install. <ul type="square">[*] There is a bolt that holds the stock manifold on that cannot be seen from any angle. It is in the middle of the #2 & #3 ports, below the runners and can only be accessed through a ~1" hole in the front of the manifold near where the two short vaccuum tubes connect. It is a royal PITA to get any kind of socket in there to get that bolt out. I ended up disconnecting the lower trans mount to allow the engine to rock backwards to aid in getting several short socket extensions in the hole. If you can find an easier way, you are a better man than I.
[*] Put the dipstick tube in last! It gets in the way of getting at the other bolts that hold the manifold on from underneath, and it makes it a pain to install the support bracket. The dipstick tube is held in place with one of the upper manifold bolts, so just save that till you are ready to put the radiator fan housing back in.
[*] Connect the crankcase breather hose to the tube coming off the block and the back of the Cossie manifold before you bolt the new manifold in place. If you wait till it's on like my version of the instructions said, well... let's just say it wasn't fun at all.
[/list]
Good luck!

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
I wish I got birthday presents that cool.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and you know what is even cooler then that is that I got my stg 2 cams,springs retainers and x-cal2 in as well.....HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHA
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol......Hooked on foniks failed me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts