Ford Focus Forum banner

Hail no!

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jptech2004 
#1 ·
Get the Ding King. I've heard from other members that it really works well.

Ding King.

See less See more
#2 ·
I feel your pain. We had a bad hail storm come through St. Louis a couple of years ago. Our brand new Mustang GT was out that night and got pummeled with hail the size of golf balls to baseballs. We hadn't even made a payment on it yet.

It took us a little over 6 months to get it into a body shop to get it fixed because the whole entire area was hit so bad.

If the dents are small you can go to a dentless removal place. If they are large or if there are too many, you're best to take it to a body shop.

Ours was so bad the guy at the dent removal place wouldn't even give me a bid. Not to mention the hood and trunk are fiberglass, so we'd have had to gotten them fixed elsewhere anyway.

Sorry to hear about your problem...best of luck with it. I completely sympathize with you and I hope I never see a piece of hail ever again!

#6 ·
I really hate hail, and this weekend it got me. Man it pissed me off. I have kept my car in pristine condition since day one. Only one door ding in almost two years but now I have all these small hail dents all over the hood. Maybe ten in total.

Does anyone know what is the best, or most price effective, way of removing these blemishes?
I'm not really interested in the carbon fiber hood either, so save yourself the time.

Thanks for the help...

#7 ·
paintless dent repair.
since you only have ten most likely it wont do you any good to file an insurance claim.

have you checked out our thread in lonestar? consider yourself lucky that you only got 10. we were having a focus meeting saturday night at a restaraunt when we got 3 huge cells of golfball sized hail. i've counted 30 dents on my car. only thing im mad about is that my mom raised our deductible from $250 to $500 in january.

[ 04-07-2003, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: jptech2004 ]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.