Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is it true one can remove the speed limiter just by pulling the handbrake up to 1 click?

If it is thats great because I am looking to sell my diablo and that is one of the major factors. If I can remove the speed limiter without the chip it would make my decision.

·
Registered
151 Posts
What happens when you put a pencil in the pen holder? I heard the car needs a drag shoot then.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Originally posted by Fly_SPI:
What happens when you put a pencil in the pen holder? I heard the car needs a drag shoot then.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">NO need to be a smartas$ buddy.....

there were rumours floating around a long time ago that if you pull the e-brake in a certain sequence it would remove the speed limiter...thats why he is asking

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FocusedOne: thx

so I guess it was just a rumour huh... it kind of made sense though I assumed it wouldve worked... well I guess its back to the ol' diablo with those crazy high gas prices...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sorry man. Seems to me like the only thing you can pull in a Focus to get more speed is the engine- exchange it for a 5.0. Otherwise, you're going to have to add some stuff. BTW, anybody looking to buy a bridge, I'm your guy. Email me for pics.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
If the Handbrake had ANYTHING Electronic about it besides the Indicator to show that it's ON, there could be a Possibility.
As it is, that's sort of akin to thinking that a Sprinter will run faster with his shoelaces untied because of the lack of restriction of bloodflow to his feet....

304 Posts
Originally posted by MichaelXi:
If the Handbrake had ANYTHING Electronic about it besides the Indicator to show that it's ON, there could be a Possibility.
As it is, that's sort of akin to thinking that a Sprinter will run faster with his shoelaces untied because of the lack of restriction of bloodflow to his feet....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
haha, quite clever mikey.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
i tried it in my 01 zx3 manual... it does not work. it is a myth.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Originally posted by MichaelXi:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Actually, it used to be (maybe still is) that pulling the handbrake one click on a GM disabled the DRLs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts