Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a set of 4 hankook K-106 tires, they are nice and i couldn't beat the price at all...everything after mount/balance/tax etc was only $295. not bad at all for such a nice tire...well anyone else have an opinion on them???

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I like mine. They're not for the person who wants the best grip, but for those of us who are looking for a tire that provides a balance of grip and longevity, I think they're pretty good, especially for the price.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
i'll throw this out there then-

i was looking at the HRII's and the K106's. they both have the same traction/treadwear ratings. they both seem to be the same price. (at least where i've priced them)

the K106 comes in V as well as H speed rating (not a big deal for me - H suffices for my needs). the HRII's appear to have a road hazard warranty, while the K106's don't appear to (comparing the bullet-points on hankook's site)

so my question - what made you pick the K106's? or had you not considered the HRII's at all?

Hankook HRII H405

Hankook K106

just curious.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's what my tire shop could get me for the cheapest price. i didn't want to spend 400 on a set of tires, but i didn't know how much the other tires were, so i just got these. i do have to say that i went to the firestone store today and looked at the Fuzion tires and told them to basically kiss my rump because they wanted to charge me 438 for 4 tires mount and balance, so i was super happy to be under 300 for 4 tires from my shop.

J

·
Registered
423 Posts
I just bought a set of the HRIIs for my wife's C230. Pretty inexpensive compared to the higher end tires. Also has a TR rating of 340 or something.

I hope this is the last set I have to buy while under this lease. The original tires were rated at 200 and barely made 20k miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts