Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did everyone mount their harness points at. I have a Corbeau Single Release 3pt Harness (bought from focussport
). I have the lap belt (driver's side section of that lap belt secured to the factory bracket thingy behind the seat. Where can I mount the other 2 and not lose complete function of my rear seat? -or Where can I mount the other 2 points in a not so noticeable place?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
after searching and reading all the "unsafe" points about it. I want to state that I am only using this for a SCCA Solo II events. The harness will not even be in the car for everyday driving. I was thinking of using the bracket that the black bar on the driver's side (in the floor board of the back seat... the bolt , not the actual bar) as my driver's side lap bolt, using the stock seat belt as the passenger side lap belt, or right hand side. The only down fall to this, is I wouldn't want to have to remove the seat each and every event to get swap them. I just drive so hard and fast that I wanted to get something to keep my upper body in place. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump...

·
Registered
65 Posts
....i tried asking this a while back, except for 5 point harnesses.....didn't get too much help here.....asked some guys at work who do alot of track days, and here's what i came up with for a 5 point harness for the focus.....

1. lap belts
(inner car side, right side for drivers seat)
mount it over the stock latch by adding a stack of washers and getting a slightly longer bolt to make up for the spacing, the stock latch will easily fold forward and not effect the lap belt when in use...

(outer car side, left side for drivers seat)
here i simply looped it around the stock "hoop" on the floor in front of the stock belt...the harness can then roll to the very front when not in use and tuck under the seat....a guy at works dad does tech inspection for schools and said he would pass this..."it's where the stock one is located, so it's safe"........

2. shoulder belts
i have h-belts so i ran each belt to the rear seat latching spots on the floor.....this is pretty standard practice if you don't have a cage to mount to.....i've also heard of someone mounting to the rear upper belt mounting spot on the focus.......not sure if that's good or not.......

3. sub-strap
if you go around the front of you seat and pull it tight, it tends to pull the lap belt away from you......not good....i was told to run it from behind, between the seat bottom and back and sit on the belt......might be better....but i want kids someday......now i'm putting holes in my seats and running them straight down, like they are supose to be......still trying to figure out how to do that on a budget and still look okay.....but this probably doesn't matter to you if you aren't running a sub strap and your aftermarket seat probably already has a hole there anyways.......

not sure if this helps, good luck..........

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I know autocrossers that use y harness and attach to the rear seat belt mounts. using the clip attachment yu can retain your rear seat usage.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts