Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
a) you barely see the intake manifold in our engine compartments
b) i believe that is a composite prototype in the pic...if i remember right, they will clean up the final model.

but again, they used it to make over 200whp N/A so who cares what it looks like?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
perhaps it is, i forget. but i stand by my original statement...if it was used to make over 200 hp, and you really can barely see it (especially since its black), i'd hit it.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Originally posted by Pimp27:
I don't think that is the final product... That is a composite manifold. The final one is going to be made out of metal.

Eric
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

you notice it says "COMPOSITE INTAKE MANIFOLD"... why would it say that if they're going to be selling metal ones? and why use a metal one if you can use a fiberglass one? its lighter, and it insulates against the heat of the head....

i give the composite design thumbs up, and the price thumbs down.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Originally posted by Pimp27:
I don't think that is the final product... That is a composite manifold. The final one is going to be made out of metal.

Eric
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">EHHHHHHHHHHHHH wrong answer. It is the final product, and they will NOT be making one in metal. And from the conversations I've had, there arent going to be very many of these around, so grab em while you can.

·
Registered
406 Posts
you won't get much out of this on a street car though. These don't have the vacuum hook ups for all of the emmissions controls and is intended for HIGH RPM applications. That means above 8k because the runners are so short.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts