Ford Focus Forum banner

Has anyone actualy blown their motor on NOS?

825 views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Seattlesvt 
#1 ·
I keep hearing rumors that people have blown their motors on NOS, but I haven't seen any postings and have done searches. I am running a 55 shot and have had many people PM me worried about running it. I thought I'd ask to see if anyone really had or not. If by chance someone has, can you list the circumnstance?

Thanks!

#2 ·
There was a post in the drag racing forum about a svt focus blowing its engine with 75 shot of nitrous. The guy it the rev limiter, which is bad. I would be worried about putting nitrous on the svtf since of the dual stage intake manifold. I think it might poddle up easier.

#4 ·
If there's one thing that people won't be regularly admitting to, its that the reason their engine blew was because of them using nitrous. Especially since 99% of those people are probably getting the work done under warranty with a "uhh.. it just blew up on its own. I didn't do anything sir" excuse.

#5 ·

No, I think everybody is lying to you about blowing an engine
, but it will melt a piston.

Cory

#7 ·
could be it came out of my ZX3 but I think there the same

#12 ·
could be it came out of my ZX3 but I think there the same
SVT pistons are not the same as regular Zetec pistons - they're aluminum.

#13 ·
SVT pistons are not the same as regular Zetec pistons - they're aluminum.
I can't believe you just
said that ZX3 are aluminum too

#15 ·
So are you guys saying that since the svt has different pistons (stronger right?) that they should handle nos a little better than regular zetec pistons? With in the next year I want to do a real small shot. I will be adding a JRSC, and with that would want to do like a 25-35 shot.

#17 ·
I just completed a NOS install lastnight currently running a 30 shot. I have a full review with install photos coming today but long story short.... I love it! I wanted to pass some jerk swerving on the highway in his fourrunner so I armed the system and before I knew it I was crossing 110mph.

#18 ·
I love it! I wanted to pass some jerk swerving on the highway in his fourrunner so I armed the system and before I knew it I was crossing 110mph.

Don't be surprised when you get lectured for this comment FJ does not encourage this at all.

#19 ·
I love it! I wanted to pass some jerk swerving on the highway in his fourrunner so I armed the system and before I knew it I was crossing 110mph.

Don't be surprised when you get lectured for this comment FJ does not encourage this at all.
well he wasn't street racing..however that is illegal use of nitrous. Nitrous is not allowed on the street...track only.

back to pistons...aren't the svt pistons forged?

#20 ·
I forgot, so here it is from the SVT website:

Inline 4-cylinder, cast-iron block, precision die-cast aluminum head, cast aluminum pistons, forged steel connecting rods, nodular cast-iron crankshaft, dual-mass flywheel
Rods are forged, pistons aren't. Not sure if they're the same as the ZX3, though.

#21 ·
Just went to the dyno and tried a 65 shot. Way to lean. Glad I had them check the air/fuel cause it didn't ping. Otherwise I would be posting that I had blown my motor! As far as pistons, they are cast aluminum and the rods are forged-steel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.