Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mod\'ed their valve cover to add an extra pcv valve?

I may be interested in trying this out, looking for opinion.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Has anyone mod\'ed their valve cover to add an extra pcv valve?

I thought that increased crankcase vacuum would provide a bit better response, helping to pull the piston down on the intake and power strokes.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts

The force on the piston from vacuum is totally inconsequential compared to the mechanical force of the crank pulling it down on the intake stroke and the explosive force pushing down on the piston during the power stroke.

PCV systems have nothing to do with power, they are only used to remove harmful and corrosive vapors from the crankcase and put them into the intake charge so that they can be burned up safely.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts

yeah why? are your rings that bad the your crank case is so presurized you need more flow?

·
Registered
645 Posts

Originally posted by zx3 focus racer:
yes carnk case vacuum helps the rings seal. but our pcv is before the T/B. vacuum is only created after the T/B. our pcv is there for emisions. the vapours from the crank case do into the intake and then out the exhaust after being burnt and goin through the cat.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Close, but our PCV system runs from the front of the block under the header to the back/bottom of the intake manifold and does pull a vacume on the crankcase.
The one off the valve cover must be the one your thinking about.
[edit]
I'm not sure of the effects running a vacume line to the valve cover would have. It may act just like a vacume leak...I dunno.

[ 02-24-2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Leadfoot/S2 ]

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Explain to me why some road racers have crazy pcv on their cars then? I'll quote an article in SCC as soon as I can find the issue at home.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts

yes carnk case vacuum helps the rings seal. but our pcv is before the T/B. vacuum is only created after the T/B. our pcv is there for emisions. the vapours from the crank case do into the intake and then out the exhaust after being burnt and goin through the cat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts