Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting the FC TB/Pro Flow MAFS combo from myfordperformance.com, but sofar most of what I have read about the TB have been complaints. Is this because of human error in the installation, or quality of the TB? I'm almost willing to put up with a few minor problems just so I can get rid of the crappy-doggy-feelin, not-openin-all-the-way-piece-of-crap, stock TB.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I ahve had mine for over a year probably closer to 18 months and not one problem. Don't forget, the poeple who have had a problem will post about it whereas the people whose T/B's are fine won't.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Originally posted by JNBlackZX3:
the crappy-doggy-feelin, not-openin-all-the-way-piece-of-crap, stock TB.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Wait... Tell us how you REALLY feel!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sounds like the problems people are having are self-inflicted through either (I'm guessing) crappy tools, limited mechanical knowledge, or just plain overlooking vital instructions. Ya know, if you think about it, FC wouldn't have sold so many TB's if they were crap. Hmmm.... Maybe I was quick to judge? Shame on Me!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
For all the searching on the Jet that I've done, I still haven't found out why the revs hang when the throttle closes. I took the FC throttle body off and put the stocker back on, because drivability was reduced so badly. I also went for the TB/MAF combo from myfordperformance.com, and I was happy until I figured out that the engine wasn't "learning" it's idle like people said it's supposed to...

[ 01-30-2003, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: buzzbomb ]

·
Registered
826 Posts
Originally posted by buzzbomb:
For all the searching on the Jet that I've done, I still haven't found out why the revs hang when the throttle closes. I took the FC throttle body off and put the stocker back on, because drivability was reduced so badly. I also went for the TB/MAF combo from myfordperformance.com, and I was happy until I figured out that the engine wasn't "learning" it's idle like people said it's supposed to...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This happens as a result of the idle screw not being adjusted corectly. Hanging revs occurs when the idle screw is turned too far, basically allowing too much air in for the stock Idle Air Control motor to control. If yo uhave hanging revs make sure your idle screw is set so that it is only cranked a quarter to a half a turn after it has made contact with the throttle linkage(aka just barely open). Also make sure your TPS sensor is in the correct set of holes. This being off will cause terrible drivability.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Also, if you wouldn't mind changing the topic to something not quite as harsh. We have sold well over a thousand TB's with many very happy customers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I received mine from Black Diamond Racing without a gasket, so I ran a bead of hi-temp RTV around it, and the car runs great.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by nader6972:
Also, if you wouldn't mind changing the topic to something not quite as harsh. We have sold well over a thousand TB's with many very happy customers.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think this is all the proof you need. I've had no problems with mine at all.

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
I've had mine on for over a month now and
the one problem I have is that it
misaligned my short ram so that it rubs the
hood completely screwing up the finish
on my intake.
For some reason I didn't have that prob with my
stock TB.
Go figure.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I did have problems with both the TB and MAFS but both are fine now and worth it. There is a used one in classifieds I think(tb).

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
mod, kill this thread, this issue has been beaten 2 a pulp. we all know the issues that have cropped up w/this product and the revisions/alterations that have insued 2 cure the issues at hand. we have also long discussed the actual gains that come with purchasin this piece and how much u get 4 ur dollar 2 ad nauseum. frankly i think i speak 4 many when they say their tired of people startin a venting thread upon this product/former sponsor. if u c that there have been many issues others have had w/the product, then dont buy it.

i cant grasp y people w/such lightly modded cars in many instances buy this part lookin 4 the 'cure' or the 'fix'. yes there r still many out there that prolly dont know that their unit is malfunctioning in some way (heck, 2 new 1s at mcnews dyno g2g, both were shocked, they'll both try 2 address w/trimmin the gas pedal block, that doesnt always work). however, that is their ignorance. ur responsible when u modify ur car that u c the parts/mods u install/create work properly 4 their intended application.

i'm sick and tired of these bellyachin' threads started solely 2 start a furor. now, if u have an issue w/it, go port ur stocker use that 4 a while til an alternative product comes out. well hey even better, y dont many of u out there mod ur car sufficient enuff 2 make real use out of a bigger TB. and i'm tellin just bolt-ons is not what i'm talkin bout. 2 think that many of u out there are goin after mustang sized TBs early in ur perf mods, payin as much as 300bux 2 cure the anemic throttle response is laughable, go fix ur stocker 4 now, the cure is also available in that piece 4 as little as 5bux and 1-2hrs of ur time.

again mod, i say KILL THIS THREAD

-Ult

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I think nader handleed that nicely and like I said, I've had my problems with the tb but they are gone and I'm very satisfied. Ult I think you are right though. With a little search patience you can find this info an more on it w/o opening a new thread. Wow, now I'm telling people to do a search.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Best bolt on I've done yet. The sticking problems some people have can be fixed with minor adjustments to the spring. Piece of Cake, great addition to the car!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts