Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to know if the under drive pullies did anything for you people..

·
Registered
192 Posts
They definatly do something. As for one being better than another.....that's all subjective. You will definatly feel the difference after you install one if you are looking to do so.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
i've always heard the f.c pullies and the afx are nice pullies to have. the diff. between the two is afx needs a shorter belt because of 1 pully to where the f.c keeps stock belt : )

·
That one was just me not paying attention....and s
7,509 Posts
im here to say that you arnt gonne feel it on the ass dyno...1-3 hp...not gonna feel it. I have had my AFX pullies for about 3 years, and I cant really feel anything. I guess in the grand scheme of things you might feel it with a bunch of other mods...but by itself, you arnt gonna feel it. You will however get a little bit of headlight dimming when stopped somewhere, like at a stop light or something.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I notice a difference after I installed my Esslinger UDP. The throttle response is quick off idle without the big over-driving slug of iron that is the old pulley.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet thanks guys.. i got one comin, i was just curious!.. hope it helps a little

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
i couldnt really tell with mine when i had the focus but i did throttle body as well so the throttle response from the pulleys was eclipsed by the tb

·
Registered
408 Posts
i could only tell by the faster revs, and id go afx because its kinda hard to install the water pump pulley from fc

·
Registered
559 Posts
I've installed the AF/X UDP on several ZX2's and Zetec Focii at the track. The cars on averge dropped 0.2 seconds in their 1/4 mile time after the pulley was installed. There were on runs with the same 60' time on the same day at the same track in almsot identical weather conditions.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I also have the Esslinger UDP. Throttle response is a lot better. And compared to the weight of our stock UDP, waaaay lighter than stock.

Good luck on the install and have fun!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys.. and thanks boss.. now that'll help me on the top end, you know.. to keep beating all these ricers!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Stock UDP...hmmm. Like calling the belt tensioner a factory supercharger?

Be aware that the FC pulleys might create some belt squeak on startup. It only lasts for the initial cranking usually, but it can be a bit embarassing. I think it is the squeak of the belt against that oversized Water Pump pulley. Also, the pulleys are aluminum in most cases so the service life is going to be shorter than with the stock steel pulleys and they will create some aluminum deposits on your belt. A fine silver film visible on the unribbed portion of your serpentine. But the revving of the engine is faster, especially when teamed up with a racing/semi-racing flywheel.

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
i have never had any problems with belt squeaking on my fc's
if you are going with just crank find the lightest one you can

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yup i just put that bad chicken on.. i can feel the difference.. especially when shifting taking off.. and higher rpm's.. it's cool

1 - 17 of 17 Posts