Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if so please let me know who has done it so i can find out what all i need to do for this mod. thanks.

·
Registered
745 Posts
the wonderful world of the focal jet comes complete with a complete self help section labeled 'SEARCH' try it...you'll luv it.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
narcolepsy123456: I think a while back alafoci (I think it's his handle) swapped out an autobox for a manual. Look for his name on the jet, I haven't seen any posts from him in a while. Good luck.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I did it with my new motor. It had an auto tranny on it (my old one a manual). Besides the interior shifter swap, all that needs changed is obviously the tranny, intake manifold, and throttle body. I don't believe they used anything other than that.

- Matt

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks focus-rs, i did the search and nothing came back. i've got to switch it out for my turbo, i know the auto won't be able to handle it.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Originally posted by focus_rs:
I did it with my new motor. It had an auto tranny on it (my old one a manual). Besides the interior shifter swap, all that needs changed is obviously the tranny, intake manifold, and throttle body. I don't believe they used anything other than that.

- Matt
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Unless you have a FC TB, that should work... Don't forget you also need the ECU for the manual.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
And to hang a clutch

·
Registered
29 Posts
yeah Alafoci did the swap. He isnt on the boards much any more. But I can give you a summary of what he did. He bought a wrecked 5-spd car because you need the clucth pedal, flywheel, clutch, wiring harness, ecu, the different brake pedal, when you change ecu's you have to get a key to match that ecu or have your key reprogramed. Thats all I remember him needing. Its a really easy swap if you can find a parts car. otherwise there are a lot of parts. I think he did the swap in like one day. so its really easy. Hope that helped. And goodluck.

Mark

·
Registered
141 Posts
Unless you've got some money and some time, its worth it---otherwise---don't do it. you'd be better of trading your foci in for a 5speed.i have in atx, and in my opinion---you should slap on a set of cam gears(tunned btw)diablo chip(for improved shifting)race headers+flex pipe-a c.a.i-cat back exhaust-throttle body--and maybe some juice--and you should be str8---id say about mid to high 15's with those mods maybe a high 14sec pass(with n20 you will def. hit 15's with all of those other mods included though--w/out bottle maybe low 16's)---i mean what can you expect----ITS AN ATX
<---I GET THIS ALL THE TIME---ahh its true though---well good luck in what ever you decide

[ 11-01-2002, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: zetecblu01 ]

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the info, i know i have to go with a manual cause i just bought a turbo and my auto won't be able to hold the amount of horsepower i'm going to be pushing with it.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Originally posted by FocusXny:
You could always have your tranny rebuilt.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">that is true. If you get the wolff racing atx kit, then you'll have less drivetrain loss than a regular manual transmission.

providing they finish development.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah that is another option, does anyone know how much they estimated their prices or when it might be done?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Originally posted by narcolepsy123456:
yeah that is another option, does anyone know how much they estimated their prices or when it might be done?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">About $3000 very rough estimate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts