Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if these really make a difference ... FocusSport Upper-Front Stress Bar

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have one and I think it makes a difference, it makes the car less tippy going fast around sharp corners.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have a regular ZX3 or a SVT?

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
While I want to support our sponsors and encourage sales....

Any difference created by the front upper strut bar won't be felt by the driver, and it will definitely not influence body roll in any way shape or form. The Focus chassis is so amazingly stiff to begin with that it would take some serious structural add-ons to improve it further. I would guess that the flex in the plastic upper strut bearings and rubber bushings have a long way to give before significant force is applied diagonally between the strut towers.

Basically... It looks cool and can be ordered in custom colors, but it really does very, very little for the car.

...and this post really belongs in the suspension forum.

[ 02-27-2003, 02:26 AM: Message edited by: OmniFocus ]

·
Registered
210 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
While I want to support our sponsors and encourage sales....

Any difference created by the front upper strut bar won't be felt by the driver, and it will definitely not influence body roll in any way shape or form. The Focus chassis is so amazingly stiff to begin with that it would take some serious structural add-ons to improve it further. I would guess that the flex in the plastic upper strut bearings and rubber bushings have a long way to give before significant force is applied diagonally between the strut towers.

Basically... It looks cool and can be ordered in custom colors, but it really does very, very little for the car.

...and this post really belongs in the suspension forum.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">One of the most intelligent replies lately!! I agree totally. Look at how close the strut towers are to the firewall. The firewall itself keeps them from flexing. The bars did some good on older cars where the towers were further out front away from the firewall.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
the bar is good for leaning on while you are working behind the block...

as for a noticable difference i didn't feel a thing.

*(agrees with omni)

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Originally posted by demonfire:
the bar is good for leaning on while you are working behind the block...

as for a noticable difference i didn't feel a thing.

*(agrees with omni)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Agrees with them. I had it on and off in the same autox, and noticed nothing. Had it on for a while, took it out to work on something for a week, felt no change.

Looks pretty though...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OmniFocus... since you seem to be very knowagable about this topic, how do you feel about the rear bar?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.