Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there are now 2 dents at the bottom 2 pipes of my FS race header.. will that affect the power ? (since it should affect the air flow) ... please help.

·
Registered
473 Posts
yep! will hurt the flow for sure!!

·
Registered
830 Posts
my race headers look like they have been pulled from a WWII tank... I still run 15.3

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by french_connection:
my race headers look like they have been pulled from a WWII tank... I still run 15.3
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">do u have any rusting in the welds???

·
Registered
830 Posts
there is a shi t load of rust in the inside of the connectors but the welds are a piece of art. (it is the focus sport 4 in 1)

also the finish is disgusting, it as plenty of sorta orange spot but just as like a stain, not actual rust...

and the dents in the bottom part are like 1/3 of an inch deep by 2 inch long... and is rusted too there.

I need to specify that I am the happy fourth owner of those header so I did not expected the one on focus sport picture

[ 09-27-2002, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: french_connection ]

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by french_connection:
there is a shi t load of rust in the inside of the connectors but the welds are a piece of art. (it is the focus sport 4 in 1)

also the finish is disgusting, it as plenty of sorta orange spot but just as like a stain, not actual rust...

and the dents in the bottom part are like 1/3 of an inch deep by 2 inch long... and is rusted too there.

I need to specify that I am the happy fourth owner of those header so I did not expected the one on focus sport picture
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ok.. so the FS race header have a little rusting at 1 of the weld... i am scared if it will become a leak soon or later.. or i actually don't need to care about it?

·
Registered
830 Posts
? well if its getting big, get it fixed by an exaust place.

I might get my headers fixed/refinished this winter when I will disassemble my car.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I'd like to get a race header but I'm worried I may rip the header off if I lower the car beyond 1.5" and hit a pothole or something. I've seen one car with the FS header and that thing realy hangs low

Is they a header availble that doesn't hang so low?

·
Registered
830 Posts
if your car is so low, get a short header and a custom made down pipe with and high flow cat in it that pass where it is not gonna crush.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
hm....my car is lowered 2.6" and NEVER EVER even came close, where the hell are you guys driving?

The race header still doesnt go lower than the lowest point on the car, which i think is the tranny or oil pan, im not sure what you guys are doing to dent them....

Its not a rally car

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I am going to guess that the FC 4/2/1 design offers more clearance because-- well 2 pipes are merging under the car instead of 4......

not a huge difference I'm sure, but probably most dents just "barely" got there in the first place....

Like Naz, I still gotta wonder also though, about what drops, tire rolling radius, and finally what roads some of you guys have to deal with

1 - 13 of 13 Posts