·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Tight

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Glad I got my '02

Whats wrong you dont likem? I dont like them too much, kind of look too futurastic (sp?)

·
Registered
670 Posts
It looks nice, but I prefer the ‘02/’03 smother cleaner version. In the bottom link (both the ZX5 and ZX3 in back) the ZX3 looks like it has a bunch of spokes… Can I see those? Those look to depart radically from the traditional SVT style rim.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The '02 lightning has 5 spoke wheels. The '04 lightning has 6 spoke wheels that are very 'blocky' looking to me. The '04 focus also has 6 spoke wheels. The spokes themselves look more similar to the '02 lightning, but the overall feel of the rim exudes that 'blocky' feel to me, I think mostly due to the opposition of a 6-spoke design.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The '02 lightning has 5 spoke wheels. The '04 lightning has 6 spoke wheels that are very 'blocky' looking to me. The '04 focus also has 6 spoke wheels. The spokes themselves look more similar to the '02 lightning, but the overall feel of the rim exudes that 'blocky' feel to me, I think mostly due to the opposition of a 6-spoke design.
Where are pics of these 04 lightning wheels? Wasn't aware that the L was gonna be a hold over. Do you mean the gen 3 lightning, that will probably come out in 05 (or more realistically 06)?

BTW, saw an anniversary ed 03 Cobra in red, freaking bad ass with those new wheels. Same dealer had, count-em, 7 SVT's F's, the SVT euro wheels are freakin sweet in person. May be putting them on my Black 02.

·
Registered
734 Posts
i kinda like the 02/03 wheels better too, but those still look pretty decent.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
As a non SVT owner (yet) I think I prefer the earlier wheels, but will have to wait until I see them in person.

Any word on other changes for '04 yet?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ahh,....sorry, they don't do it for me.
Look like cheap knock offs. They remind me of the truly ugly wheels that came on the later models of the Merkur XR4Ti. Were these designed by Chris Bangel???

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
It looks nice, but I prefer the ‘02/’03 smother cleaner version. In the bottom link (both the ZX5 and ZX3 in back) the ZX3 looks like it has a bunch of spokes… Can I see those? Those look to depart radically from the traditional SVT style rim.
Hey Sportwagon,

The Zx3 in the background is a Euro Ed. SVT with the St170 wheels. You can mainly tell by its Competition Orange color.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
The ZX3 in the back is an orange European Apperance Pkg version with the 11 spoke gunmetal colored wheels I believe.

I agree, I prefer the '02's 5 spoke wheels more.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts