Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, I am going to have to sell my SVT!

I have started a new job and have to use my own car for work, and I am going to need an SUV or truck! (I am a geologist). SO...the details...

2002 SVT Focus
Sonic Blue
53k miles
All the options (audiophile +cold weather)
NO SUNROOF
Extras:
SVT Euro Appearance wheels (not the whole package)
the remainder of the 80k mile extended warranty that i purchased with the car.
3 extra dinged up but fixable SVT factory wheels

What do you guys think a fair price for the car is? It will need 4 new tires, and it has 3 very minor surface scratches, and a pin dent in both doors (VERY small parking lot variety) other than that, its in great shape!

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
where are you from?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am from just north of Boston

I owe about 9800 on the car...Darn extended warranty!

NADA lists it at about 10k
Edmunds at about 9600
KBB at about 8500
Galves list "trade in" at 7700

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
nvm i got it from profile

Marblehead, MA

your car see's snow and salt so definately would be worht less in the south just fyi geology plays a huge factor for some

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be geography! I'm pretty sure that the bedrock and soil stratigraphy has nothing to do with my cars value!
I am a professional geologist by trade (as my profile states!

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
ROFL sry for that

knew i had that stuck in my head ofr some reason :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SO... whats your thoughts on a price... i have an add up on craigslist for 9500...i think thats reasonable? I have had a few people quote KBB and tell me theyll offer 8500 or something...i really cant go that low due to my debt to the bank for the car!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Re: Have to Sell my SVT! *DELETED*

Post deleted by belacyrf

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Re: Have to Sell my SVT! *DELETED*

Post deleted by belacyrf

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im not selling it here ...I am trying to figure out what i should sell it for locally, I just want an idea because the major valuators (kbb,edmunds, nada) all are in such disagreement with eachother.

I have been a member under the name Btdrnks for 2 years (since i bought the car) i just lost my password, and the email account it is tied to is from my former employer. I registered with this name to email the administration...who have not, as of yet gotten back to me!

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
kelley blue book would be a great place to find out the fair market selling price of your vehicle. of course, it's up to you as the owner what you care to do with the info you get from there. the for sale forum here on fJ would be a great place to list the car, as i am sure there would be more than a few people interested. good luck!

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
the for sale forum here on fJ would be a great place to list the car, as i am sure there would be more than a few people interested. good luck!
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but isn't a minimum post count of 100 needed to list in the For Sale Forum? Even combining both of his screen names only totals 19.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
BT the dealers just take the average of those to get a ball park figure. Why isn't the company giving you a truck to use? Seems bit odd that they require you to have a truck. Hope they are paying you lots of money for the truck and the cost of gas that will be consumed.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Unfortunately, I am going to have to sell my SVT!

I have started a new job and have to use my own car for work, and I am going to need an SUV or truck! (I am a geologist). SO...the details...

2002 SVT Focus
Sonic Blue
53k miles
All the options (audiophile +cold weather)
NO SUNROOF
Extras:
SVT Euro Appearance wheels (not the whole package)
the remainder of the 80k mile extended warranty that i purchased with the car.
3 extra dinged up but fixable SVT factory wheels

What do you guys think a fair price for the car is? It will need 4 new tires, and it has 3 very minor surface scratches, and a pin dent in both doors (VERY small parking lot variety) other than that, its in great shape!
I don't think you can get what you owe for it unless you find a local buyer that's desperate. The desireable color and warranty will help. I'd say you could probably get around $7,900-$8,500 for it on a good day. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
the for sale forum here on fJ would be a great place to list the car, as i am sure there would be more than a few people interested. good luck!
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but isn't a minimum post count of 100 needed to list in the For Sale Forum? Even combining both of his screen names only totals 19.
yes, you're right; i overlooked that. better start paying more attention... hehe. thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im not looking to find buyers here! I am looking to figure out a price to set for it!...its not going up for sale for a while...I need the truck first!

·
Registered
134 Posts
With the miles and dings I think you could figure on a "good" condition in KBB provided you replace the tires. I'd figure somewhere around $8500 give or take since mine with only 18K booked out at 10,300 high and 9 low in excellent shape and under warranty.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts