Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on ebay and it sure seems like another one of those "universal fir" scams.

Ebay

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
yeah that looks pretty scarey.

·
Registered
436 Posts
"Doesn't require premium but premium will enhance..."
Last time I checked, our engines weren't equipped to proactively sense knock and adjust. A chip will not give us this benefit, which is why Diablo chips require premium.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
The seller of that item lives down the road from me. I asked him what the deal with that chip was, and he said he'd install one for free if I'd review it. So, should I?

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
buzz,

Go for it, but be sure to get everything in writing, and be sure to have a contract of some sort - So that he is responsible for any damage that it may cause.

I wouldn't do it if he refused to sign.

- Drew

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Buzz, is your car under warranty? If it is, take him up on it. If it works, let us know... If it blows up your engine, let your dealership know (take out the chip first), if it does nothing at all, let him know!

Terry

·
Registered
98 Posts
I want to say that that piece is just a glorified box that performs the Mass Airflow Sensor mod. You know the one where you put a resistor, of some kind, on the MAF sensor and it tricks your engine that the air coming in is cold and to pump more fuel... or something to that extent...

In other words, just don't do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts