Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think some of you have been waiting for the new numbers after the second chip.. And some just don't give a ****, but here are the numbers anyway...

In operating temp... the second pull in a row I got 154.5 hp and 140 ft/lbs of torque.. This was after tuning in the cams..

Then I waited about 10 min and did one more pull after the car was able to cool down a bit.. I pulled 157.4 hp and 141.1 ft/lbs of torque..

So the car is running strong and should perform well at the fun ford event in Texas..

Hope to see everyone out there..

I will post dyno sheets as soon as I get them in my e-mail..

Eric

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Nice man.. I will be looking forward to seeing your times.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
i'll look forward to meeting you. Have a safe trip!

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
hahha....u would have been able to keep up with the yellow bird...too bad that head is now mine and its got an even meaner setup now...always 1 step ahead;) (naders car that is)

FFW is gonna be AWESOME with all these fast foci...woohoo, looks like we are gonna have some killer N/A setups there

SO where and when are we meeting? I wanna be there FRIDAY morning, because i want to get 2 full days of runs, we have to leave sunday before its over to get back to cali by monday day.

So we are probably gonna drive most of the night.

Naders car should be killer for N/A at the strip, we will see what it does, i wish mine was done, but while we';re enjoying ourselves at texas, my car is getting STRIPPED down and ALL new tranny internals, quaife, clutch, flywheel, 4.06 gears and new head hopefully all by the time i get back

·
Registered
836 Posts
damn....i'm slacking...lol Congrats on the new numbers. I'm tryin to hit the dyno today, but it may not happen. Can we say 160hp at the wheels(I wish)....Russell

·
Registered
836 Posts
That is strange. More than likely, the power falling off has to do with the cam timing and the way it was tuned. Have you gotten to the 1/4 mile track yet? Those are still great numbers though. I was wanting to get to the dyno last week but the place hasn't answered there phone. I'm hoping to pull around the same numbers. Hey, can you post all your mods again? Thanks......Russell

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
stage 2 crower cams if installed correctly should pull strong to 7000rpm, NO PROB

go back and do more tuning or re install

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well.. the cams are installed correctly and we went back and fourth on the cam timing on the dyno... It did not change where the peak power is, but just the number.. So I am thinking it is a fuel issue..

As far as Mods on the car..

UDP
FS Race Header and Flex Pipe
Exhaust
Pro-Flow meter with Cone Filter
Chip
FC Throttle Body
FC Head Package with Crower Stage II cams
Cam Gears
Ported Intake Manifold
24lb Injectors

Eric

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
Looking at the dyno, the a/f ratio looks good to me, do you have stock valve springs?

·
Registered
836 Posts
from the looks of it you are a little too rich in the upper end. You might want to invest in a S-AFC or Mafterburner.

[ 09-17-2002, 04:53 AM: Message edited by: Russell ]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts