Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roll call for those who have head packages, and your likes dislikes, and how many miles you've put on them.

I have the gude one and with 23,000+ miles and no problems!

cams are a little aggresive for the automatic but oh well... this thing screams on the highway!!

So....what do you have?

john-

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had a gude....but wasn't satisfied with it, but that's a completley diff. story....I have a custom worked head and some Crower Stage 2's....sofar I have about 7,000 miles on it and it's running good.....launching w/ the cams kinda stinks due to the auto, but after Feb. I'll be gettin a Torque converter w/ a higher stall speed and a shift kit, all shall be good then.....like you said, this thing screams when the rpm's get up around 3,500

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have the FC stage 2. I love it. I have only had it on about 1500 miles and I enjoy it more and more each day. I am still eyeing soem type of FI though.

·
Registered
412 Posts
i also have the Gude head kit with about 15,000 on the clock. had no problems. with any head kit it needs to be dyno tuned.but i love it, pulls hard.

mike

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
I have around 15,000 on my FS package. I loooooove the heck out of it! No problems at all.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
7k on the FS catalogue, to quote my kindred spirit airforcefocus .."I love the heck out of it!"

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
FC stage 2 headpackage w/ ported 2000 manifold

Super happy, probabably about 7000miles on it, 3000miles with turbo AND headpackage.

Dynoed 166whp on headpackage alone, tuned, and 201whp on headpackage + 5psi untuned

[ 01-03-2003, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've been running the Focus Sport head and cam package for over a year. Best power of any out there with great engineering and customer service. Thanks Randy, Raffi and Vic!

I'm searching for my old dyno sheets, but it was an easy 155 HP at about 6400 RPM. My system is tuned for more low and mid torque, as compared to some that scream to high RPMs with no bottom end.

But the new intake manifold and TB could change that.....

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have the Gude package. I've had it on for 20,000 miles and almost a year. I'm happy with it, other than the fact that it has stock valves, springs and retainers. I'm going to have to do an upgrade on the springs and retainers real soon. All my mods, dyno , and fastest 1/4 mile time are in my sig.

·
Registered
744 Posts
ok assume I bought the FS head package.. cams, gears, the works... is this like a job a 19 year old with little experience and another 19 year old with just about as much if not less experience could do in a day? or is this like major workings I should seek professional help with?

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
you bettter believe that, if you dont mind loosing a BIT easy drivability, a TB should add 3-5whp to a headpackage easily.

A ported 2000 manifold should add another 5-7whp to that, i think together with a ported Manifold, TB and 70mm MAFS, you could EASILY see a nice, true, 10whp gain at the wheel through the power band on top of your 155whp....if not more

·
Registered
99 Posts
I agree the ported manifold, MAF and TB combo is worth an easy 10 whp up top (6000-7000). Which is something I have planned.

As I mentioned I have the gears biased to boost the mid range torque and give up my ultimate hp.

I'm working on a brand new intake manifold design but the upcoming Duratec is making me drag my feet. Why invest $$$ in a CNC machined manifold for a dying engine platform? Initial prototypes out of sheetmetal showed +15 and I kept the torque or improved from 2200 on.

I also have to thank the FocusSport gang for the chip tuning to solve the idle issues.

·
Registered
99 Posts
FociD00d02

I would have Vic spec out the lifters you needed and set TDC, and the rest is pie.

Make sure you get ALL the gaskets required and a new set of head bolts (stock or ARP).

The rest is unbolting and bolting.

Oh, and a proper torque wrench!!!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
We're evaluating different combinations for NA and forced induction cars, both manual and automatic, which creates a large matrix of testing.

If there is demand....

[ 01-20-2003, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: ford_focus ]

·
Registered
402 Posts
hey ford_focus... i would invest the $$$ in the manifold for the Ztec. there would be a ton of cutomers for that intake manifold. you will see more ztec motors then duratec mortors for a couple more years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts