Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here ported and polished their own head or sent it out to be done? What did you pay? Are you satisfied? I am getting a stock head and I'm gonna P&P it and maybe mill it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Had a head worked for a customer, the work was done by a professional shop who employed a british gentleman who knew his zetecs. he did all of the work on the head, I told him the cars intended use and basically let him work his magic.

Very happy with his work, though his work is top notch so can be the price tag.

I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself unless you were versed in this kind of labor, porting is a dieing art form. Get a head from an auto recycler and practice on that first.

Otherwise send it to a reputable shop.

·
Registered
729 Posts
You can expect very high gains and better power curve depending on how good a job they do. A good professional job should run you about $500 -$600. I had mine done about a month ago and am very happy. It sounds awesome and really hauls A$$. Go for it

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well FS wants $900 or so for a complete head job.
Now that I have the head I'm stuck doing it myself. $500-600? Do they normally do work on Foci? Everyone's telling me to send it to someone who knows the focus but there isn't anyone in Florida.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Contact ray at mcnews automotive, they have a machine shop they trust who does their headwork talk to him about getting your head done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts