Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After continuing to decline over the last couple years, and falling into a non-running state, it's on the way to the Lotus Doctor for whatever it takes...

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
Neat car, I always liked those. These were some of the most reliable Lotus cars ever produced weren't they? Not that that's saying a lot. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They did get more reliable, especially post Europa. This one was a budget car to begin with so the reliability wasn't great due to it's history, I think all that's about to improve.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For grins n giggles, a couple old outings it attended.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A couple attendees from the Lotus meeting the other night. Too hot out and distances in this valley prompt most owners to leave their Lotus in the garage, but 'bipedal' attendance was pretty good. Should see more cars at meetings in the fall.

Sure do like the metallic grey...

·
Registered
615 Posts
Love the grey Exige. To the point of wistfully pretend shopping for a used one...

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are a lot worse things to lust after...

Looking forward to more involvement in the club, especially once the Esprit is cured.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, as these things go, there always seem to be things that don't go well. The fuel tanks can't be saved, and (they made less than 1000 of my model in 1976/77) tanks aren't available, so it's getting new custom ones. Can't wait to see what those are going to cost...

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Well...THAT sucks. Maybe use fuel cells...OR...go electric! Tesla battery swap!
Can always use goat bladders...like what they store wine in...goda bags I think they're called.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Carbs rebuilt, head is done (pretty sure...) Pistons good, just needs hone and rings, bottom end needs machine shop, bearings not as good. Should be back from machining and at the shop by now. Shouldn't be long before it's going back in...

·
Registered
795 Posts
Will it be finished before wint... Oh, wait, there is no winter (to speak of) in Phoenix, is there. :lol: Lucky you, and lucky Esprit.
Thanks for the update. Now, about that fuel tank...

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I was there on a follow up visit with the 'waryer and we were told that fuel tanks were to be hand crafted, since replacements are no longer available at J.C. Whitney.
I stole a pic showing the car with the "hover" switch turned on. No tires needed when in hover mode. They were about to install the for and aft ballast tanks when we
were asked to leave.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haaaaa! Looks like simulated submarine mode to me! And yes, I have wondered about the actual return date, but it was never a topic when he took the job on. Getting ones car IN with this guy is challenge enough. Now that it's there, the finish date is really a bit trivial. It will get done as other work needs to get in. Not worried. Just hope it gets done before TSHTF. :)

Been looking into wheels, and trying to get the offset of the fronts and the rears. Cannot find it anywhere online or in my reference materials, so I'm trying to get Corey (somewhere just out of camera range...) to measure them for me.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Visited my ailing Lotus at the Doc's today. Engine seems to be largely back together at machine shop and due back to the Doc this week. He's also seen to other valued details while the engine's been gone, but don't show in pics.

Some of the other patients.

Still on the intensive care rack.

Sadly empty...and no life support!

Transplant parts awaiting careful grafting in place. Yeah, I know, but why on the floor!?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts