Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i get header bolts and studs??
6 bolts and 3 studs.
Anybody know part # for this??

·
Registered
129 Posts
dude just call a parts store

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
dude just call a parts store
As logical as that sounds, I've tried it, and it didn't work. All of the local parts stores (even big chains like Auto Zone) are so far behind, they don't have part numbers for stuff like this. You'd have to actually bring them one for them to match it. A guy at one parts store actually said "We don't have stuff for cars that new..." - I have a 2001, this was in 2004.

That said, either hit a dealership, or one of the sponsors. I know the site formerly known as myfordperformance.com has them as a kit, but that might be overkill.

Also, is there anything wrong with the ones that are on the car? If not, just reuse them.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow thanks for the link
but i m confused..
isn't it suppose to be 6 bolts with 3 studs??
it shows 7 bolts with 2 studs

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Depends on the year it seems. I've got a 2000 Zetec here that has 4 studs and 5 bolts... But most of the time they are 2/7... confusing. Anyways, I stock replacements for the bolts... I havent sourced a replacement for the studs yet. I sell the 7 peice kit with lock washers for $7.85. It's all 100% stainless steel so it wont rust and it looks WAY better. I use socket head cap screws for better strength and appearance as well. I also recommend putting just a touch of anti-seize on your bolts to prevent galling and future sticking. Heres a pic of one of these beauties:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts