Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
YES, anything that doesnt give the car only 4 inches of clearance... Ive had to replace mine twice now because of dips in the road or bumps.

·
Registered
286 Posts
It's doubtful you'll find anyhting better than what's on it now. I'm assuming those who have "bottomed out", have lowered their cars? I've never hit mine, with stock suspension.
~Dave

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
There aren't any headers out yet. Not sure if we'll see any. The only downside to our header is possibly weight. The design seems solid enough, but since it's double walled, it's quite heavy!

·
Registered
392 Posts
I smacked mine on a curb when I was about to back in the driveway on a stock suspension. I hit it so hard that the header, 02, and cat had to be replaced. They needed to have the front lip be a little lower.

A racing header that elimnates the cat would be something that I'd buy if they make it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
There aren't any headers out yet. Not sure if we'll see any. The only downside to our header is possibly weight. The design seems solid enough, but since it's double walled, it's quite heavy!
That would be a pretty long header, why dont you just go for the FC ORP?

P.S. NEVER bang my header and I have scratched my small plastic bumper piece quite a few times.

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
i've hit mine hard enough to slice the o2 wires off......but that was a little airborne fun
. I do hit it on speedbumps regulary and i can hit it in driveways and parking markers too. Stock suspension.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i've smacked the header once, and put a small gash in it, but it was my fault.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
I slightly scraped/dented the header on my SVTF just from parking blocks thinking the tires would hit first like all my other cars did
.Anyway no true damage done but I learned to avoid pulling close when parking now.Several jetters have dented their headers because it sits so low on the SVTF's.

As far as performance headers go I don't think they are out as of yet for our cars but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
438 Posts
If you ever need a tow, make sure to get flatbed - cause that how i got a ding in mine. No problems here otherwise ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts