Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently am running an AEM Cold Air Intake and Magna Flow Exhaust, with a 50 shot of N20. Will I get a more noticable gain if I add only an aftermarket header, or do I really need to do flex-pipe and high-flow cat also? Also, is there anything else in that chain I would need or is it just Header-Cat-Flex-pipe-to Muffler. I don't want to add all that stuff and have my exhaust be too load, it is already calling to much attention to itself by the authorities. Would I be just as well off with say an Underdrive Pulley as opposed to only an exhaust header?

·
Registered
375 Posts
If you are running a 50 shot, the least restricted your exhaust is the better you will perform. Open up that fart can!

·
Registered
50 Posts
go with the header and flex pipe, it makes a BIG difference, i put a FC race header with a bosal flex pipe and borla cat back on a few weeks ago and the performance is way better. (my only other engine mod is an aem cai) much more pick up and accelleration. it is pretty loud though, but it sounds great, a low tone, not high pitched like a honda. and you can drive it quiet around the authorities, just dont rev too high and shift early if youre near a cop. oh ya, but dont get an FC header though, they crack, mine has a small crack starting, gonna have to get it welded up soon.

·
Registered
473 Posts
samantha, tell FC to send you a new header, don't waste your money fixing it. what generation header is it? there are plenty of posts on here that have problem header replacement for free!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts