Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YOOO. I have an atx with an aem shorty and borla catback. I'm thinking of getting headers. not a race header, just the short version as to not get crap from my inspections.

My question is... will I feel any gains with a header on this setup? mind you I have an automatic. I would get the chip too, but I don't wanna rip it out every time I go to ford. So if I get the JBA or FS street header, will it do me any good? and what kinda sound will it give me w/ the borla. Its odd, everyone says how f-in loud the borla is, and on my car its not too bad. no drone at 3K either.
so ya any info you guys/gals have would be cool. I'm not too familar with headers, so whatever you got is appreciated. later

Jason

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Yup youd feel the gain on an auto. My shorty made a hell of a difference when i added if after my intake and exaust.

I have the bosal exaust and it made the noise a little louder, which i liked alot. But it was no where near as loud as if you were to add race headers.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also heard (might not be true...) that headers give the car a motorcycle / whiney sound. is that true? does it simply make it louder or does it also change the sound? Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
My bosal's sound didnt change BUT became deeper and more pronounced with the shorty header.

Now that I took them off, its "hiss-ier"

·
Registered
662 Posts
Originally posted by dwdrums:
... I would get the chip too, but I don't wanna rip it out every time I go to ford.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So get the new Diablosport Deltachip, switch controlled so you can turn the chip off and Ford won't detect it...

·
Registered
384 Posts
A chip will make a difference on your ATX. A shorty header will do some good, but until you get a high flow cat like the Random or Bosal, and a flex pipe to go with your exhaust, you really won't be doing much by adding a header.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts