Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone out there has a dyno chart with just a race header. i was looking at the one on fs but it doesn't show a dyno before a header install it just shows baseline. thanks

·
Registered
542 Posts
Not many folks choose a race header as their first mod which is why that info will be hard to find.

I dyno'd a focus sedan with zetec/5 spd. which baselined around 105 fwhp and 111 fwtq. With a FS race header/flexpipe combo a magnaflow catback and a FS cool-flo intake he made 124 fwhp and 126 fwtq.

Hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
the race header alone is probably good for between 6-10hp by itself, but you're best off getting the full exhaust system to go with it. the race header eliminates the biggest bottleneck (the stock cat) but there are still some tight spaces in the stock exhaust system that need to be cleaned up.

Nate

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
from what other people say, you MUST have a race header to get proper gains out of cams or even stock cam tuning. thats where extra gains will show up that you would miss without it. the 6-10 hp figure is about right, stock-to-stock, but each exhaust-related mod you do upstream of the race header (cams, headwork) will give you more HP than had you not used a race header.

[ 01-28-2003, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: FocusOnPunk ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts