Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a stupid header qustion(s)i did a search but i couldn't find what i am looking for.i want a full race header set up and i need to know what all the parts i need are. i.e. do i need o2 cheater,burn a chip for it i don't know what the "cool" thing to do is.
.i need to know what the performance mods are that i need.please i need some help.i will be back from war in like a month.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Just need a header and O2 cheater. Thats what im running and have no problems at all. You can just reuse the gaskets and bolts. Also get a flex pipe, a restriction is a restriction!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what header needs an o2 cheater
focus sport=o2 cheater
focus central= ?
kamakazie= ?
sean hyland= ?

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Any header that remove the cat needs an O2 cheater. I prefer using a chip to do this though. The "cheater harness" tricks the ECU into thinking the cat is still there, the chip tells the ECU to not even bother checking. In the real world either works. If you're gonna get a chip anyway I'd get one with race header program, if you don't plan on getting a chip just go with a cheater harness.

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts
Funny thing is, with the FC race header, my o2 cheat went bad and threw a CEL. So we removed it, and just plugged both sensors in like normal, it's been almost 6 months and no CEL, with out the o2 cheat.
It's weird, but I never get any o2 codes. I dunno.

·
Registered
397 Posts
i'm going to finish off my exhaust pretty soon and am un decided on if i want to go race header or shorty heard and highflow cat. As far as sound goes with a race header am i looking at pissing off other people around me? or giving my self a head ache? plus i need to worry about emission i take it passing emissions withough a cat is just not possible lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i don't know about other states but i have found in the past you can get a 1 year wavier's with coilovers.it is a little trick lower the car as low as possible go to the sniffer carefully and they will not be able to put it on the rollers and they will tell you to back up and go to the front desk.you go there and they sign your paper work with a wavier you don't even have to pay.so i don't care about emmesions.

·
Registered
397 Posts
it's not as much about emissions i'm scared of it's more how load is a race header set up?

·
Registered
751 Posts
With that Magnaflow, yes, it will be annoyingly loud, your neighbors will HATE you
. If you get a resonator though, it wont be as bad, yet still loud.

·
Registered
397 Posts
i'll just got shorty with highflow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts