Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ok...i have the borla cat back...and i am really interested in a header...how easy is the install process on our cars...and which would be the best to run with my borla...i dont want to burn up my cat...but i want the best performance possible...thanks guys

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
burn you cat. to hell. get a race header. if you dont want a race header off-road pipe. if you dont want a any of those spend $350 for a high flow cat.

·
Registered
138 Posts
like he said why have a cat they suck get a fc race header and fc flex pipe

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
IMHO for daily street driving, and even hobby racing, there is no good reason to run without a cat. BTW, dons, how's that air quality in Rialto these days?

Anyhow, I have been very happy with the JBA. It is legal, the coating still looks great after a year, and the install was pretty easy. I would hesitate to recommend it though as some have had cracking problems and I don't know if it has ever been totally resolved. I would look further into it and other shorties though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Don't install a race header without getting the FC cat. With the race header you will be loud, VERY loud. Then you'll need a resonator, but resonators are only effective for certain levels. The cat will quiet things down across the board and will only rob about 1 hp over the resonator. But even with the cat, the race header is still loud enough to get noticed by the local PD if they catch you stomping on it. Been there...

·
Registered
138 Posts
i love the black thick smog of rialto, i might as will do my part to help it
the race header sound its but if matched with the right exhaust it sounds good. my combo is fc race header, fc flex pipe, fs exhaust, IMO the power of a race header is worth have the car a little loud

·
Registered
97 Posts
He said he has a Borla. I believe with his exhaust, it'll be more than "alittle loud".
Unless he enjoys annoying neighbors and getting the attention of the local police department....
The F/C cat will do IMHO the best job of getting things to a good level.
Mine: custom 2 1/4 pipes with Dynomax race muffler, 2 1/4 custom flex with 2 1/4 F/C cat.
And it's louder than a SVT Focus, and does get noticed when I step on it. I don't step on it when police are present.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Originally posted by Shiva Chaos:
Heck I just have a Borla and I'm paranoid around the PD
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah we're bastards aren't we

Header install it pretty easy...IF...you have the right tools. Run a cat...esp w/the Borla. You will get sick of the noise and smell like I did.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i think i will go with the cat for sure...and probably the race header...and i really dont think the borla is that loud at present...but im godly afraid of what it would sound like w/o a cat..hahaa...thanks for ur help guys...

·
Registered
490 Posts
what type of exhaust is the steeda cat-back. people tell me that it is a borla. but all the borla people say they are loud. mine isnt that loud. any help would be great.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Iv heard it was a rebaged AEM and later a Borla.. but i thought the steeda was a 2.25 which is the aem now and was the borla tell they went to a 2.5.. borla made a 2.25 and discontiued it.. ?? i think...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Its a Borla. I ordered it from Steeda, it says Borla on the muffler and its 2.5". I cant wait to get my race header.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts