Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i've been looking for long tube headers and was just wondering if the one on ebay are any good? the only reason i want some cheap ones is because im goin turbo around xmas time and dont really want to loose much money when it comes time to sell them. thanks guys and gals

thegreat1

·
Registered
2,434 Posts

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
if you decide to use the aerocharger turbo's you can still use a race header. Kamikaze, FS has there 4-1 out thats is good, and there getting ready to release the 4-2-1 race header. All of those headers dont loose value, but i would definitly stay away from the ebay headers

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so since i will only have them for a couple of months ya'll think i should just keep my stock manifold and just wait until i get the turbo(precision or tom if he ever gets the atx chip finished)?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Here is how I see it: You've only been a member for a month and you've only made 9 posts in FI, so I doubt you'll actually be getting one anytime soon - especially since you'll have to get a new tranny setup since you're ATXer and say you'll be putting down 290 whp. Now I could be completely wrong, but this is how I see this situation. So I say invest in a nice 4-2-1 or 4-1 because I don't think you'll be putting in a snail anytime soon.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the only reason ive been a member for such a short time is because i had never heard of the site. when xmas roles around i will not only have the money to get precision but also heads and level 10. since i have had the car i have wanted a turbo cause i love how much better turbo cars are (used to own one.) just because i havent posted alot doesnt mean anything either so that was a retorical statment. hate to burst your bubble and hope you have a good day

thegreat1

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Hey man - more power to you. All I know is if I were going spend that kind of time and money on anything, I would be an annoying POS and ask questions and get feedback till my face falled off. You just read time and time again about these new kids coming and posting, "ya man!! i'm getting a blower!!1!" Good luck on your purchase

BTW: Rhetoric - don't try to use words you don't know the meaning of

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh no trust me i have done lots of research on my car and i am a pain in the ass to all the manufacturers. just haven't really asked over the jet everything has been via email. wasn't trying to piss you off or anything either just wanted you to know that money as of now isn't really a factor in this whole thing. in the end i plan on having about 25k into my lil focus and thats by june 23rd "the day i leave to the navy"

·
Registered
662 Posts
Are you referring to this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33631&item=2429368570

I wouldn't even think about it. Poor quality, and this line alone leave me pretty damn sketched out:

Welding is needed for this install.

Actually, that header on eBay is the new JBA long tube header. See http://www.jbaheaders.com/headerdetail.asp?PartNum=6680-4

So, it's pretty good quality, just they screwed up by making the flange to the flexpipe the wrong fitting, so they include an extra piece that can be welded to the stock flexpipe. Or, you can buy their flexpipe which has the matching flange to the header.

If you can get the JBA long tube header for $100 on eBay, that's a steal for someone willing to have it welded to a custom flexpipe setup.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so which is it a good deal or bad need help from everybody

·
Registered
662 Posts
so which is it a good deal or bad need help from everybody
Good deal if you don't mind the extra work of making it fit your stock or traditional aftermarket flexpipe(Bosal, FC, FS). Or, you can also find the JBA flexpipe that has the matching flange.

Bad deal if you want to just bolt-and-go to the stock or traditional aftermarket flexpipe(Bosal, FC, FS).

If you want bolt-and-go, buy Focus Central or FocusSport.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
some turbos retain the stock style header and flexpipe or even the cat (or highflow cat or orp if you replaced) (ie AC).

get a bosal flexpipe, wont go wrong there.

-Ult

1 - 12 of 12 Posts