Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed a borla catback system and i was wondering, i heard that if you did fc or fs race headers that it was suck ass loud (i dont want). so if you got a jba short headerr and an off road pipe wguld that be any quieter or would that not be a good set up. and also you could go to turbo with the jba header i heard. thanks

·
Registered
598 Posts
Ya, definetly dont go without a Catalytic convdrter on a Borla Exhaust. If heard it first hand, and it is, as you would say "suck ass loud".

Look into putting a high flow cat like papasmurf said into you system. With your set-up, I would run....

Shorty Headers...Pacesetter are the cheapest
Random-tech Cat
and a Good flex pipe...maybe the yo dude 3" flex pipe.

That should give you a very nice gain in HP and TQ without risky the sound quality and noise.

Good Luck dude and keep us informed

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MalibuBlueZx3:
Ya, definetly dont go without a Catalytic converter on a Borla Exhaust. <hr></blockquote>
I'm pretty sure the Borla/FS race header combo makes baby Jesus cry...

It is fun to be bad, though.

·
Registered
362 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by racerx:

<hr></blockquote>

I have heard this combo...you could drown out a Harley with it

·
Registered
836 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by papasmurfZX3:

I have heard this combo...you could drown out a Harley with it
<hr></blockquote>

I have had this combo, i agree with it could choke i mean drown a harley, it was so loud

·
Registered
659 Posts
then what is a good setup if you want a race header but not really loud? guy at muffler shop says to use a magnaflow and in place of part of pipe put glasspack. good idea?

·
Registered
647 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MalibuBlueZx3:
Ya, definetly dont go without a Catalytic converter on a Borla Exhaust. <hr></blockquote>i have the shm 4-1 header with a random teck modifed cat and fs flex and the borla and that thing and that thing is still loud but killer loud

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have FC Raceheaders, Bosal Flexpipe and Bosal Exhaust. I couldnt ask for a better set-up.

It is no where near as loud as the borla system and the ride is extremly comfortable at any MPH.
And even if it's to loud for you, you can throw a silencer in the bosal (with I have and works great) and cuts the noise down about 20db.....

Excellent engineering by Bosal...GREAT JOB!!!!

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
We just recently did a shortie with down pipe, flex pipe and bosal and it was pretty loud but yet you could live with it, I just installed a FC race header to my FS flex pipe and magnaflow replacing my cat and pacesetter shortie, it got quite a bit louder when under a hard throttle, but is pretty tame at cruising. I'd say both setups were about the same in loudness, but you could live with either.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so if you told me what to get with the borla. what would it be.
or how about just geting Shorty headers and a fc or fs flex. or is this not worth it(still going into the stock cat).

[ 09-05-2002: Message edited by: dday216 ]</p>

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by racerx:

<hr></blockquote>

i have the borla, JBA, and random tech cat and once i have the flex pipe baby jesus will be hurting

·
Registered
659 Posts
so if i do the race header and the hi-flow cat and magnaflow exhaust with glasspack installed will it be really loud or not? I really dont care if it is loud at WOT as long as cruising and normal acceleration it is not so loud or "RICEY"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts