Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well, if you're looking for a shorty header, I'd go with FocusSport or JBA. I don't know about warranty on the FS, but JBA gives you a lifetime warranty, something that's nice to have.

If you're looking for a race header, then there's no other choice IMO than the FocusSport Race Header/Flexpipe combo. Just all kinds of HP waiting to wake up!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
can you have a race header and still have a conversation on the interstate???

Jon Green

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I do not see this "quiet" exhaust you speak of on your website.

Jon

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
what did you pay for it?

Jon

·
Registered
745 Posts
you must PM for prices...

i have the Steeda 4-2-1 Race header...with both O2 sensors installed i have thrown no CEL i also got the cmobo so my flex pipe is in...and noise...its loud! my fiance had to borrow my car cause her heat is dead...i could hear her get on the highway 4 blocks away...in the car its not so bad...i can hear music and i can hear people thru my cell phone...its only at WOT you can't hear nuthin..most highway driving...legallly...is around 2800-3500rpm

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
my highway driving is in that RPM range, so you think with just a race header (for now) I wont have to yell over the noise to talk to passengers?

Jon

·
Registered
745 Posts
i would recommend taking advantage of the combo offers for any manuf. race header...the point is to remove bottlenecks...

...okay exhaust 101... the reason exhaust makes noise is the heat expanding and exhaust velocity out of the tail pipe... like shooting a gun... at a steady rpm you will hear a drone but it is when you are accelerating or at high rpms that it becomes that noisy...i have the race header, flexpipe and magnaflo exhaust and at idle you can't hear the exhaust that much...proof...i have been pulled over and the cop said nothing about my exhaust...there are loud spot in your rpm range, but you'll get used to them and how to avoid them...gunning your engine will create the loudest noise.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Originally posted by jonszx3:

Jon Green
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">if you are not on the gas you can but otherwise no. it is beyond loud. if you do get it get the silent exhaust from FS also, like was suggested earlier.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I had recently added the FC race header and flex.
Things went from loud to ungodly loud,
so to fix that problem I added a 24 inch glass pack...
Now I have the comfort of knowing a cop won't be chasing after me every time I gun it

·
Registered
174 Posts
I recently installed a FocusSport Race header and flex pipe on my MBRP. I also had the very reputable Brullen exhause weld on the largest resonator they make.

All I have to say is the sound is incredible
It sound way meaner and cleaner than the MBRP alone when I punch it, but cruising at anywhere between 90-150km it is dead silent. Im soooo happy with the sound and the performance. I will post a sound clip for everyone to hear when I get one.

[email protected]

·
Registered
511 Posts
jonszx3posted 01-21-2003 01:49 PM
I do not see this "quiet" exhaust you speak of on your website.

jon
Click on link when appears it will have box "type of system" Click add to order and box will show up giving choice of system.

http://www.focussport.com/exhaust2.htm

[ 01-21-2003, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: tenderloin ]

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Originally posted by jonszx3:

Jon Green
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I would say so, but if you feel like having a really quiet system (relative), then you could always go with the FocusSport Race Header AND FocusSport quiet exhaust system. Good power and low decibel levels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts