Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
straight to the point. my headlights won't come on!!!!!!
iv'e checked all fuses and any possible wiring and have come up empty handed. please help me so i don't have to plug in a spotlight just to drive in the dark! ( j/k )

·
Registered
142 Posts
this happened on my vehicle once and all I had was "flash to pass" where the high beams will come on w/ the stalk, but only while you hold it. It turned out I needed a new switch in the dash. Check your pins on the switch, make sure something hasn't died.

~Paris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
at least you had "flash-to-pass" i don't even have that!
where are these "pins" you mentioned under the dash so i can take a look?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep, checked the bulbs for sure. i just wanted to see if it was something i could do myself instead of taking it to the dealer and have them look at it. i have nothing but problems with them when it comes down to that....or maybe it's just me? anyway i'm sure to find out whats going on????

life is no bed of roses
then again, which of us really wants to sleep on a bed of roses anyway. no matter which way you turn your sure to end up on a thorn.

·
Registered
308 Posts
do you have hi beams when you turn the headlights on? i had the headlight relay go bad on me once when i was on a trip, but the high beam worked. just swap it out with another relay (like AC) and see if that is it.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Try the relays. I put in the ST-170 headlamps and had the relays go bad. According to other posts by others who installed the ST-170 headlamps have had the similar problems. I'm not sure if the fog-light mod has an effect/plays a role in killing the low/high relays.

I replaced both relays with ones from Carquest and have two back-ups just in case; they cost about $15.00 each and I no longer have the fog-lamp mod - I put the relay back in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts