1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Ford Focus

Bulbs are both good.

Fuses both good

I took off the relay cover (it came off when I tried to remove the relay). When I pull the turn signal stalk back and hold it, both the high beam relay and the low beam relays engage (I can see the low beam relay engage). When I manually press the relay for the low beams, both lights come on.

High beams work properly.

Relay does not engage when the light switch is turned on.

I pulled the light switch and checked voltage and tried to figure out the switch operation, but I need a wiring diagram to know how it is supposed to work.

Anybody have a wiring diagram for the low beams?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Terry. My Stalk works and when the stalk is pulled back the high and low beams come on like they are supposed to. The high beams come on and off like they should as well. Is there a connection between the stalk and the headlight switch? And then the item that is broken is the stalk switch? Is there a wiring diagram that shows this?

It makes sense that the stalk gets a lot of use and that this could fail. It just seems strange that the headlights would be the symptom.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I thought that I have same problem, high light work but low light does not work... I thought maybe the switcher in the handle(left side).
focus 2001

1 - 9 of 9 Posts