Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about an hour ago driving back home all of a suden my headlights flickered off and on and at the same time my my speakers popped and the brake light turned off and on..im like what the hell..didnt really think much of if and after a few min it happend again..what could it be?..im going to take it in tomorrow to get my battery checked but any other reasons or anyone had the same experience?

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Make sure the plug it plugged into the altanator. I had this issue on my car a few weeks ago. Just make sure its plugged in tight.

·
Registered
40 Posts
a loose ground or a bad battery connection. get ur battery tested and ur alternator at the same time....autozone does it for free.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Did the battery light ever flicker on your gauge cluster? If not then its most likely the wire for your fuse box connected to the positive battery terminal.

·
Registered
566 Posts
i have the same issue. all my lights (dash, headlights,dome) flicker on-off.

norcal... you say there is an issue with the plug at the alternator? i'll check it out. i did have my batt. and alternator tested already and they said they were fine.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Alternator plug will effect charging and just voltage reading (it will most likely throw on your BATT light)

Flickering is due to a damage or loose power/ground connection somewhere on your fuse box (source of power into the cars electronics)

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
My car wnet a long time that day before the battery light came on.

It is deffently a loose wire somewhere.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Make sure the plug it plugged into the altanator. I had this issue on my car a few weeks ago. Just make sure its plugged in tight.
I finnally looked into this and i just tapped the connector good and the problem is gone!! finally one problem gone! now i just need to pull my motor out and rebuild my bottom end and all good. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi what connector did you tap
I finnally looked into this and i just tapped the connector good and the problem is gone!! finally one problem gone! now i just need to pull my motor out and rebuild my bottom end and all good. :(
. Hi what connector did you tap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts