Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. .honestly. i'm sitting in the car RIGHT NOW and i could honestly smash the *(%&$ out of this car. i'm reading hte tutorial from myfordfocus.com... and heard somewhere that i can fab up the tool from coathangers... well.. done that, they don't bend at all.. but this thing won't (*&*&^ing come out. anyone? how the hell do you get this damn headunit out?
so far, i've used this POS coathanger tool.. in hte slots tried pushing away AND toward the headunit. by the sounds of it... it should not take 1h like it has me. either a) i'm a *(^$tard b) this headunit is broken c) i need to actually buy the friggin tool

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
i feel ur pain...after hitting a bump, my deck is now sitting two inches deep into my dash

its like a cubby for it lol...either gonna fab a bracket myself or if that doesn't work, make circuit city do it right

-chris

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol... that blows man.
what kinda bump you hit!? dukes of hazard in your focus?

yeah... so... another road bump... never even crossed my mind this headunit wouldn't match up with stock.... so... anyone know where i can get adapters?

keep in mind... i want this cheap, as you can tell by my sig, i don't wanna keep this pansonic, it's a loaner until i get set up

·
Registered
784 Posts
You can get adapters from Best Buy, or Crcuit City, as CrUziN4L did, or maybe even help eachother out custom fabbin' one.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks 5lick. i had a quick check at wal mart again.. (i don't know how i missed it... it was RIGHT beside the tool) and they have perfect adapters for the focus (says 'for 4door ford focus') only problem...

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showf...ge=0#2416988588

i think that's now properly posted in the right thread
so you don't waste your time... included my problems are:
1)need help wireing adapter
2)i don't have power adapter
3)where to get a fill plate (i think this one can be properly covered in this thread)

·
I have a golden finger
1,834 Posts
we picked up everythign we needed from a pep boys...wire adapters, head unit din adapters and the coat hanger pullers...

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
circuit city will cover u...same with best buy, always have everything in stock

-chris

·
I have a golden finger
1,834 Posts
good call guys that coat hanger thing sounds like a bad idea
its not a bad idea..you just hafta be adept to doing it... when i worked at a ford dealership, the techs wanted their own pullers...so instead of paying for all 45 techs to have a set of pullers (which you know more than half of them will lose), we just cut and bent the coat hangers that were left from the uniform guy

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
honestly.... i would have paid $5 to have a friend pull the damn thing out with coathangers... so... i did it myself for $5, and it seriously just sliiiiiiiiiiides out... my thumbs STILL hurt from this morning. don't even bother with coathangers

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
hehe, mine came out, but not without a little coaxing (used the coathanger method) now the headunit it prety scratched up... but I dont care, I have my new headunit in and I like it

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
yeah, i used thicker coathangers to do mine, came right out, no issues or sore thumbs!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts