Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but which one do i want to get?! which one is better? Focus Central or Focus Sport?

the FS model costs $30 more. is this one of those "you get what you pay for" kinda deals?

and is it a good idea to get the matching flex pipe? i notice that while the FS header costs $30 more than the FC version, the FC flex pipe costs $30 more than the FS version.

[ 12-29-2002, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Ferocus ]

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
Go with FocusSport...hands down the best quality and customer service I have ever seen in the car business. Parts are researched like a mofo..just look at the throttle body they have...oh wait...Randy keeps sending it back to be redone.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow...$329 for the FC race header? that's not bad at all! how long is that sale gonna last?

·
Registered
94 Posts
If your looking for the BEST show quality race header that is around private message me. Its stainless steel and polished to a almost chrome like finish.

·
Registered
217 Posts
hey myFordPerformance is the FC race header you are saleing fot 329.00 there latest model. If so i will be giveing you a call in a week or two.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If your looking for the BEST show quality race header that is around private message me. Its stainless steel and polished to a almost chrome like finish.

·
Registered
217 Posts
OHHH CRAP I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED

[Modedit]Spastic submit button?
slow... down...
[/modedit]

[ 12-31-2002, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Ducman69 ]

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
Originally posted by boostenzx3:
OHHH CRAP I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
I would go with FS myself. Best quality on the market.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Originally posted by Ferocus:
wow...$329 for the FC race header? that's not bad at all! how long is that sale gonna last?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Today and tomorrow, unless I decide to extend it into Jan.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by zxport3:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">no, thanks...im lookin' for the highest performance race header and flex pipe combo...but wat header are you talking about?

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Ferocus,

There is no comparison quality wise, the FocusSport just isn't a comparison to the Focus Central.

While both headers will give you gains in different areas(4-2-1 and 4-1), the Focus Central(4-2-1) will give you slightly better gains in the lower end and mid range, while the FocusSport(4-1) will help you out in the mid and high RPM range.

I would sacrifice some low end torque for the sake of having the quality and service that FocusSport can provide.

As of right now, FocusSport is having a holiday sale:

FocusSport Race Header + Flex Pipe = $427(normally $474)

FocusSport Header Section

On a final note, just look at the gorgeous tig welded ports and collectors!

- Drew

[ 12-31-2002, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: focusownerskid ]

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
How long till the FS starts rusting cause my FC is rusting in the welds and also a little here and there. Also it's not so shiny but whatever.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks a lot, Focusownerskid...i appreciate the info, and will most likely take your advice since you seem to know wat you are talking about and even provided some pretty pictures...

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
Originally posted by doogie78:
How long till the FS starts rusting cause my FC is rusting in the welds and also a little here and there. Also it's not so shiny but whatever.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have had mine for almost a year without any rust whatsoever. It's not super shiny, but no rust at all.

·
Banned
487 Posts
I say go fc i ordered mine on monday it got to my door wednesday mornning i was like dam. fs fc whatever just by one of them are you'll be wondering for days.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Originally posted by mY sHoE:
I say go fc i ordered mine on monday it got to my door wednesday mornning i was like dam. fs fc whatever just by one of them are you'll be wondering for days.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ditto

1 - 20 of 22 Posts