Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed the AC evaporator on my '11 Focus S 5sp. and now the airbag lt. is on and the heat is always on no matter where the temp. sw. is. The strange part is that when I turn the sw. from cold to warm, the fan sounds different and the air direction changes to different outlets. I also changed the AC condenser, receiver/drier and a power steering line. To change the line I had the; air intake, ECU and battery and battery tray out. I also had the radiator out with the condenser and fan. I have a feeling that I either left a plug unhooked or hooked it up wrong or missed a ground. Usually the plugs are polarized and only go in one way and only fit in where the they are intended to, so I'm baffled. I pulled fuse 32 to try to reset the airbag lt. but it didn't work. Next, I'm going to start by retracing my steps and ck. all of the wiring. Thanks for any input

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just changed the AC evaporator on my '11 Focus S 5sp. and now the airbag lt. is on and the heat is always on no matter where the temp. sw. is. The strange part is that when I turn the sw. from cold to warm, the fan sounds different and the air direction changes to different outlets. I also changed the AC condenser, receiver/drier and a power steering line. To change the line I had the; air intake, ECU and battery and battery tray out. I also had the radiator out with the condenser and fan. I have a feeling that I either left a plug unhooked or hooked it up wrong or missed a ground. Usually the plugs are polarized and only go in one way and only fit in where the they are intended to, so I'm baffled. I pulled fuse 32 to try to reset the airbag lt. but it didn't work. Next, I'm going to start by retracing my steps and ck. all of the wiring. Thanks for any input
Well, I solved the heat always on problem. The plugs for both heat and ac dampers were identical and I had the heat one on the ac control and the ac plug was hiding and unhooked. Now the controls work, but the airbag lt. is still on even when fuse #32 is out. hmmm...??? Also the ac still isn't working. I'm getting equal pressure on both the high and low side so I'm told that the compressor is bad, even though the clutch kicks in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts