Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i saw the temp. gauge and the needle was passing the center of the gauge.I'd checked the coolant and it was fine.I was thinking is the termostat but i want ur opinion of this.Thanx

Rick

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
When i had my coolant flushed ford put in 50/50 antifreeze and water. My guage was moving up but wouldnt ever over heat, would just go back down after a few seconds. Brought it back and they did something like 75%water/25%antifreeze and the problem totally went away. I then added Red Line Water Wetter and that itself kept the temps slightly lower. It could be a sicking thermostat, there cheap and easy to change out. Are your fans kicking on?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My fans runs good.I have 50/50 right now.I'm goin to try with the thermostat tomorrow and if that doesn't work i'm goin to try the 75/25 water and atifreeze.Thanx

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, one more quetion.Where in hell the thermostat is located.I was thinking in the end of the upper right hose conecting to the engien but that's just a guess.Can somebody tell me?Thanx.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
nopt hi jacking the thread but whats a whole system fluch cost from ford?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer price,like $70.00.BTW the problem was the themostat.It wasn't opening when it has to so i'd called PepBoys and they have it for $9.00.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Yupe i paid 70 bucks. I let them do it because they pump cleaners through the system and removes ALL the old fluid. I think its worth the money, cheap insurance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts