Not too sure I agree with that statement. These headlights have been out for around 6 years now. While I'm not too sure what advancements have been made, I'm sure there have been SOME in the last 6 years.Basically, the group buy headlights incorporate the latest in design and features available from Hella for the Mk1 focus.
Yeah, rub it in a little.... ha!!! God hates me like that.That sucks about the tabs I had two sets get to me with no broken tabs
These EXACT headlights for the MK1 Focus have been out that long. They were first posted about on our own FJ in 2006...But have they been applied to a headlight that fits the MK1 Focus?
I'll somewhat agree. Now that I have them in my hands, they do appear to be of a higher class than the MACHS. But that could be just because the MACHS have the one piece of giant chrome and these are seperated into different areas (know what I'm trying to say?)I think bustonit's point was that they are pretty much the best headlights on the market for the MK1 Focus, and especially for the price he got them for us
I asked the question in post #17 of this very thread.I never saw it advertised anywhere that they were :dunno:
I'm shooting him a PM now.haha, sorry about your bad luck dude. Did you happen to hoot bustonit a PM? I'm sure he can help you out with the situation.
Trust me, having owned 4 different sets of MACH/SVT HIDs I'm very well aware of the broken tab issue. Each set I've had did have at least one upper fender tab broken off.While I understand that it's nice to have all the mounting tabs intact I'd just like to say that the function of the lights is not affected in any way shape of form by having the upper outer tabs broken off.
The one on my drivers side light has been missing for something like four years and the light is still on the car and it doesn't bounce or do anything odd while I'm driving and it doesn't affect the headlight aim either.
If both upper mounts were gone it would be a much bigger deal but the factory mounting for these lights is actually a bit overdone with 3-4 bolts holding them depending on if they're HID or Halogen.
I wish they weren't so suceptible to shipping damage but they are.
That right there was 90% of my decision to sell the MACHs and buy these. The other 10% was mainly the rarity factor. I guarantee you there wont be more than 25 or so Foci in the states with these. I like those numbers.Do forget these are brand new. Machs are 7-9 years old. So all the hardware is brand new, not used and subject to expense due to failure/replacement depending on length of use.
If you bought either of the new Hellas, then you wouldnt need to buy the ones that are popping up for sale anyways...Any word on the wiring harness? I see a few popping up on BST and can't decide if I should grab one of those or wait.
LoL over 5 years now. No I haven't driven it at night. After I took those pics, the headlights went back in their box and the car went back on its jackstands.^^ How longs it been since you drove that beast?