Ford Focus Forum banner
601 - 620 of 657 Posts

· Registered
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #604 ·
13. Congratulations DC01wagon on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!

1. Congratulations to miragesmack on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
2. Congratulations to bringler26 on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
3. Congratulations to Skullsroad on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
4. Congratulations to SVT04EAP on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynambeam headlights!
5. Congratulations to robszx2sr on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
6. Congratulations to Legend Of Grey Smoke on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
7. Congratulations to ScreaminYellow03 on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
8. Congratulations to phatcity on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
9. Congratulations to BKs03SVT on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
10. Congratulations svt3d on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
11. Congratulations DigitalGT on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
12. Congratulations T.Goat on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
13. Congratulations DC01wagon on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!

· Go ahead - ask me how Chalz' huge, bulging, fearle
4,607 Posts
The kit does not come with any harnesses except the main one designed to plug into the Mach/SVT HID plugs. If your car does not have these "VW" type plugs, you will need a retrofit. Look at the first page of this thread for more info. Your regular ZX3 lamps with turn signals in the grill will require this modification.

Celis strips come on with parking lamps.

· Registered
832 Posts
The kit does not come with any harnesses except the main one designed to plug into the Mach/SVT HID plugs. If your car does not have these "VW" type plugs, you will need a retrofit. Look at the first page of this thread for more info. Your regular ZX3 lamps with turn signals in the grill will require this modification.

Celis strips come on with parking lamps.
Thank you very much sir. Much appreicated.

· Registered
1,708 Posts
Dynabeam issue... tonight under mild acceleration on the highway, my lights started going all wiggly while on a flat surface with no curves or anything. When getting off the throttle, the issue stopped. Anyone else experience this?

· MS Paint PWNS ME!
10,319 Posts
First thing I would check is if the AFS bolts are still tight, if they came loose it might be moving around making the headlights go crazy

· I change diapers now
14,936 Posts
Dynabeam issue... tonight under mild acceleration on the highway, my lights started going all wiggly while on a flat surface with no curves or anything. When getting off the throttle, the issue stopped. Anyone else experience this?
Sounds like something is either gaining a ground while accelerating or losing one.

Check the grounds.

- Drew

4,607 Posts
You can also start by reseating the connectors. If that doesn't work, it might be wise to pull the housings out, pop off the back covers and make sure your HID retrofit wiring has rubbed against something or caused an issue.

· MS Paint PWNS ME!
10,319 Posts
Sounds like something is either gaining a ground while accelerating or losing one.

Check the grounds.

- Drew
I know his car had ground issues in the past, when we added HIDs his radio reception went to crap with them turned on. Pedro bought a big 3 kit from Ray, not sure if he got around to installing it yet.

4,607 Posts
I know his car had ground issues in the past, when we added HIDs his radio reception went to crap with them turned on. Pedro bought a big 3 kit from Ray, not sure if he got around to installing it yet.
The interference is likely coming from the ballasts. If they're metal cased, have him ground them to the frame. My HID foglight retrofits also made a TON of EMI noise when I first installed them. Later when I remounted the ballasts to the frame rails with screws (thus grounding the metal case) the noise completely stopped.

· Registered
1,708 Posts
Had the big 3 kit on for a day, alternator took a dump, pulled the kit off, new alternator in, haven't got around to re-installing it. Home owner life occupies a lot of time.

601 - 620 of 657 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.