Ford Focus Forum banner
621 - 640 of 657 Posts

· Registered
571 Posts
I had a problem, I was what they called a "headlight whore" ... I had owned 23 sets of Focus headlights (multiple sets of SVT, MACH, ST170, Chrome Euro) over the course of 3 years before I bought the Hellas. I'm happy to say that the Hellas have cured my illness. A year and a half later, I still have the Hellas on my car and I am still as thrilled with them as the day I got them. I no longer troll the internet late at night looking for that next headlight thrill.

The Hellas saved my bank account and made my Focus look infinitely better. Hopefully they can help someone else too.

Buy a set today! (even if you don't have a headlight purchasing "problem") :thumbup:
Not as bad as you, but I went from OEM, replacement OEM depot's, eBay projectors, Machs, ST170's, and hopefully these if there is any left :D

· Registered
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #624 ·
14. Congratulations pyroinsa on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!

1. Congratulations to miragesmack on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
2. Congratulations to bringler26 on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
3. Congratulations to Skullsroad on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
4. Congratulations to SVT04EAP on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynambeam headlights!
5. Congratulations to robszx2sr on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
6. Congratulations to Legend Of Grey Smoke on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
7. Congratulations to ScreaminYellow03 on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
8. Congratulations to phatcity on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
9. Congratulations to BKs03SVT on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
10. Congratulations svt3d on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
11. Congratulations DigitalGT on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
12. Congratulations T.Goat on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
13. Congratulations DC01wagon on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
14. Congratulations pyroinsa on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!

· MS Paint PWNS ME!
10,319 Posts
Congrats! You'll love them!

If you have any questions, ask here.

· Registered
27 Posts
I have one problem that happens every once in a while, but the right head light will move almost straight down. If I turn them off, then back on, it does like it should, then it does it again.

Odd behavior and I made sure the box is level on every axis.

I do love them though. I'm sure it's something I may have done.

· Registered
571 Posts
Re: I JUST ordered one of these!

To switch the RHD headlights setting to LHD.

For the Dynabeam halogen kits:

Look at pages 37 and 38 of this .pdf for illustration:
http://dynabeam.hella-online.com/COM/pdf/montage_golf5.pdf
>Basically, the Dynabeams have a small black toggle like switch around the projector. All that is needed is a flat head screwdriver to reposition the switch. Do this for both headlights.
>As with the HID kits above, before tightening your headlights, check the beam pattern against a wall. If it looks like \_ \_ , then the switch needs to be repositioned. If the headlights are set correctly to LHD (neutral), the beam pattern will look like this ______ (straight across). You do not have to change the projector setting.
The pdf doesn't work, does anyone have a pic of what this switch looks like?

· MS Paint PWNS ME!
10,319 Posts
pretty sure this is it:

· Registered
571 Posts
The picture, the projectors, one of them (my drivers side, your passenger side) is angled really far down and the projector shroud is actually touching/fouling the surface below it; where as the other looks normal, is it loose/broken? Nothing should be wobbly obviously..
No, nothing is loose. I am assuming that it just needs to be manually adjusted. I haven't had time to play with them yet, but I'll look into that tomorrow.

· Registered
701 Posts
I assumed that too, but mine would never get to that angle when manually adjusted all the way down so i would get it looked at asap.. i am sure they should come pre-adjusted so they come straight out the box; one would think so anyway.

Is the difference even more prominent from head-on as these pics are more birds eye?

· Registered
571 Posts
Thanks for the guide SVT3658!!! That was really easy to switch them to LHD

I assumed that too, but mine would never get to that angle when manually adjusted all the way down so i would get it looked at asap.. i am sure they should come pre-adjusted so they come straight out the box; one would think so anyway.

Is the difference even more prominent from head-on as these pics are more birds eye?
It was the manual adjustment. They are still not adjusted correctly, but that projector moved up with no problem. I can't wait for this evening so I can adjust them correctly and see how they work!

· MS Paint PWNS ME!
10,319 Posts
The Hellas look great pyroinsa!!

Of the very many headlights I've bought, none of them have ever been pre-adjusted out of the box, and even used ones needed to be tweaked a little. My Hellas definitely were not perfectly adjusted out of the box, and I didn't expect them to be.

· Registered
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #639 ·
15. Congratulations Mindstorm20 on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!

1. Congratulations to miragesmack on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
2. Congratulations to bringler26 on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
3. Congratulations to Skullsroad on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
4. Congratulations to SVT04EAP on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynambeam headlights!
5. Congratulations to robszx2sr on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
6. Congratulations to Legend Of Grey Smoke on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
7. Congratulations to ScreaminYellow03 on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
8. Congratulations to phatcity on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
9. Congratulations to BKs03SVT on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
10. Congratulations svt3d on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
11. Congratulations DigitalGT on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
12. Congratulations T.Goat on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!
13. Congratulations DC01wagon on his purchase of a set of Hella Dynabeam headlights!

621 - 640 of 657 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.