Ford Focus Forum banner

641 - 657 of 657 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
I might have to pull the trigger on a set of these for the wagon... An early birthday present to myself maybe?!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Re: Hella Xenon HID & Dynabeam Headlight Buy!!

I should have more information on the Hella adapter harness for the Dynabeams this week. It may be 4-6 weeks before they are available. In the meantime, SVT3658 will be installing a set and working on the vw hack pin locations specific to the Dynabeams..........
Pardon me for not searching the entire thread-but did this adaptor harness ever happen?

Was(is) the harness just to wire these lights up in a regular car,or did it also make the bending feature work as well?

I'm not one to mess with even the most basic electrical stuff.

I've got cloudy stock 04 ZX3 headlights,and want either Factory Ford ST170 gray or these Dynabeams.......

Would the light output of the ST170 and these Hella's be similar?

I'm pissed at myself for not buying the HID version you were selling!

Thanks for info!

Mike

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #648
Hi Mike,

Hella had discontinued the harness and it was out of stock, so no, the harness is not available.

As to the ST170 vs halogen Dynabeams, The projectors in the Dynabeam headlights will provide a more focused beam as compared to the reflector set up with the ST170. As well, the free form high beam of the Dynabeam is exponentially brighter than the ST170. Both require the VW harness conversion.

Obviously there are cosmetic as well as mechanical differences with the swivel movement of the Dynambeam low beam projectors.

Any questions/other, please let me know,

Thank you,

Chalon

·
Registered
683 Posts
^Thanks!

·
Registered
840 Posts
The more I look at these, the more amazing they look! They look stock and work better that stock OEM HIDs... I may end up cleaning up my OEM HIDs, selling them and picking up the Hella's... they look and produce that WELL!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have a question for the people who have Dynabeams- does the bending light automatically come on once the car is started? I have one of the two wires that are added to the VW harness (to make the dynabeams bend) wired into the low beams. Because of this, I have to start the car and cycle my low/high beams to make the lights bend. Does anyone else have this problem or could the wire be spliced into the wrong wire?

·
Go ahead - ask me how Chalz' huge, bulging, fearle
3,240 Posts
I dont have to cycle between low and high to make the lamp housings swivel. They do that right off the bat.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, new here.
Awesome info on this site for my new SVT and awesome headlights.

I wanted to ask if anyone has attempted or if at all possible to swap out my HID projectors and install them on the dynabeam system. that way you have the correct projector for your HID's and the bad-ass Dynabeam system.

Thanks!
Bill

·
3,240 Posts
It's been considered but I don't think anyone has attempted it yet namely because it means ruining a pair of expensive HID housings. If you look earlier in this thread there is a post linking to another thread detailing how to adapt an aftermarket HID retrofit kit to the Dynabeams.

I have both the Dynabeams and the factory HID lamps the car was equipped with and while the housings are the same, the guts are quite different.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I believe the consensus was that they are nearly identical projectors/lenses in the HID and halogen versions. NOTE I say nearly. I believe one difference is the cut-off shields. It sounds like the HID shields are metal and the halogens are plastic.

·
3,240 Posts
Does anyone still have the instruction manual for the swivel Dynabeams? I seem to have misplaced mine and want to look something up.

641 - 657 of 657 Posts