Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sir Buffs A LOT
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say "Hello". I am new to this site & it looks great so far. Lots of info. Just bought a '03 SE w/ PZEV & 5spd in CD Silver. First Focus I have owned, so far so good. Looked at a lot of cars in this category, & came to the conclusion that for the money & performance, it can not be beat. I live in CT & was all set to buy the SE w/ a Zetec. Made the deal last Saturday & scheduled delivery for Monday. Well when I finally got home & started to cruise the net, I looked at my dealerships other site over in Brewster, New York & found the exact same care except w/ the PZEV motor & perimeter alarm. Called my salesman fist thing Monday morning & told him that I wanted that car instead. Low & behold the car arrived early Monday evening. They had to call in a person who was off that day to go & pick it up. I guess that since my family has done a lot of business with them & my dad picked up his new F250 Super Duty 4x4 that day, they did not give me a hard time about the switch. Could not take delivery though due the car getting in so late in the day. Went up to take it for a drive though. What a difference those 18 extra ponies & 17 lbs of torque will do! All of the sales staff were confused about why I wanted that specific car. I made the mistake & told them. Well went I went up the next day, (Tuesday evening), there was about 30 more miles on the car from when I returned it from my test drive. I guess they wanted to see for themselves. Sorry for the long post & Thank you in advance for any questions I may post.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Welcome to the jet. No appology needed for the long post, several of us get pretty long winded too. Glad you opted for the PZEV. Anyway, your at the right web site for sure. You'll get lot's of feedback and help here.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Welcome to the 'Jet!

There is a major wealth of information to be had, so just ask or look for it and I am sure you will have no trouble finding it

Good choice with the PZEV. With the new motor being out now, the Zetec shouldn't even be a consideration when looking at new Foci.

You should ask your dealer about the extra miles on it, you never know if there was somebody out there beating up on your new baby.
So, just check with them and make sure of what the miles were used for and whatnot.

Enjoy and have fun!

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
zekester congrats on getting your new 2003 SE with the PZEV engine nice choice!!!

Plus welcome to the Jet as others have mentioned you have joined a great site here with a wealth of information and should you have any questions please feel free to post and someone will be happy to answer for you.Once again welcome aboard.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
"zoom zoom"

the first 500 miles are critical.. make sure they didn't take it out for a romp!
welcome aboard! behold the new addiction. you will find that the jet sucks your 'focus' away from other things in life, and your life outside the jet will turn grey, and wither, and die.
we have you now. BAHAHAAHEHAHAHAHAHAH....

/i should never post before coffee/

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Welcome to the Jet. Kick Back and have fun surfing the Jet. Oh and by the way, don't forget to stop over @ Team Focus New England Section to say hi.

·
Registered
795 Posts
...you never know if there was somebody out there beating up on your new baby...
LOL, the stories I could tell you about a certain local Toyota dealer!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts