Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went into Sears to buy a pair of snap ring pliers and walked out with this....

Craftsman 248 pc. Mechanics Tool Set
Includes 153 sockets 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 in. dr., SAE and metric, deep and standard depths. 26 combo wrenches 7 dr. tools, 62 specialty tools inc. hex keys, screwdriver/nut bits. Item #34248

$149.99
Regular: $299.99
Sale Ends 09/23/03

Very similar to the set they had last Black Friday. Couldn't resist the price.

·
Registered
723 Posts
very not bad!

i'd run down to sears right now if i didn't have those tools already. but this would definitely be a great "starter kit" for anyone who wants to begin building a tool collection.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
damn! I just got my rent deposit back today too! someone keep me from going to Sears!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:D

Looks like a "partial refill" kit.

That is what it is for me. Not a starter kit. I was kinda lacking in the deep sockets anyway and have a bunch of lost wrenches. Plus it never hurts to have some dupes.

Better hurry though. Sale ends tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
<font color="blue">im always losing diff socket sizes especially 10mm
-- never let others borrow ur tools
-- i should buy this for my friends </font>

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
is it just the tools or do you get a case too?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just the tools speedy, you would have to get a case for them unless you want to keep them in the cardboard box. I work at a Sears store so if you have any questions, just ask

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No case. Just the tools. Those plastic cases that they give you with some of the sets aren't worth a crap anyway. I had one years ago and tossed it.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
man! if i didn't already have most that stuff i'd buy that in a second. i do need to get a nice set of deep sockets though, that's one thing i'm seriously lacking.

Nate

·
Registered
918 Posts
You all suck! I just spent like $1,200.00 the other day at Circuit City buying a bunch of stuff. I am really not in good with my income/debt ratio....and now this? You KNOW I have to go to Sears tomorrow and get this now. Will the madness never end?

-Corey

1 - 13 of 13 Posts