Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh all of you focal gurus- I have been told that there are differences between the 2.0 UK version and the 2.0 US version.
DOes anyone have a picture or your US ECU and the wiring harness or a wiring diagram??
Im tryingto see if i use a 2.0 US zetec in my UK version model focus if it will work with out too many modifications.
THanks so much guys!
Caribbean focus!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I believe you mean using a US chip on your car. If that is the case, I don't think this is possible. We have our fuel system different (we have a return one), don't have the EGR and have some other differences I cannot recall right now.

In fact, ZX3 and SportTrend seem to be quite apart. So you need a Euro chip which is the reason I still don't have one. I find paying a chip $450 quite sickening (thanks to Superchips guys)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Caribean - Caught you!

Its not just the ancilaries that will differ - opent the two up and see the difference inside also!

Fuel return is the biggest external difference though.

Lee
www.ffoc.co.uk

·
Registered
201 Posts
ok is their anything different about the blocks from the europe and u.s. blocks

·
Registered
281 Posts
Originally posted by Cem Aygun:
We have our fuel system different (we have a return one)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmm, that is something I didn't know. Is it just the US/Canada Focuses that have the non-return fuel system? I wonder why this is different in different markets...any ideas?

Jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts