Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I got this off of ebay, and going alongside the shorty install off myfordfocus, I don't know where to attach the bracket, the one touching the "s" in sprinter in the picture.

Where do I attach it?

I need help, cause my car is apart right now..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Is there a place on the intake pipe to attach that bracket too?? It looks like it might be an anchor to attach to the pipe....then possibly to a bolt on the valve cover...to keep it from moving around......if it's anything like my AEM, that's where it bolts up to....hope that helps a little

-jase

·
Registered
662 Posts
Do you mean where to attach it on the intake itself, or where on the car?

If where on the car, then look on the side of the coil, for a 10mm bolt. That's probably where it goes. Which is "step 4" on the AEM install on myFordFocus.com

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, if it is a "shorty" intake, then it isn't short enough, and well, it is crap.

You see, the metal tube is too long, and the MAF sensor connector can't even reach. The little rubber thing that connects to the engine's intake is too small to even fit around it, unless I truely posessed strength of 100 men to try and rip it that wide.

I can't believe it didn't come with any instructions.

-=J=-

·
Registered
662 Posts
Send it back to where you got it.

It's not made for a Focus anyway.

Dollar for dollar, the best short intake on the market for the Focus is the MAC.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't send it back, because I got it off of eBay, and the guy says "no refunds or returns"

Here is the for the exact same auction :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2401510334&category=6763

What is weird though is that there are a ton of people on ebay selling this exact product claiming it is a simple install. Just look up "focus intake" and you will get them all. It says it fits all focuses except the SVT.

I really want this to work. A bunch of you guys said that it was a good deal last week!

-=J=-

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by whiskeytangofoxtrot:
Don't sweat it man, what does it really matter if there's no place to attach that bracket?

Just leave it off. It'll still suck air.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thats not the problem right now.

I need to figure out how to attach it to the throttle body, because the blue rubber arm doesn't fit! I wish I had some instructions for these...

-=J=-

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'll bet a cup of coffee he sold you an SPI kit, the rubber elbow is a different size.

Shop around see if you can find the correct elbow, or email the guy you bought it from and tell him it doesn't fit and plea with him to help you resolve it.

No refunds is a sure sign of buyer beware!

I'm not so sure leaving the bracket off is a good idea either, even it the elbow did fit. Without some sort of support, it's going to move around and increase the chances of the intake popping off, which is never good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by myFordPerformance.com:
I'll bet a cup of coffee he sold you an SPI kit, the rubber elbow is a different size.

Shop around see if you can find the correct elbow, or email the guy you bought it from and tell him it doesn't fit and plea with him to help you resolve it.

No refunds is a sure sign of buyer beware!

I'm not so sure leaving the bracket off is a good idea either, even it the elbow did fit. Without some sort of support, it's going to move around and increase the chances of the intake popping off, which is never good.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Do you think any old place would have an elbow that would fit? In Corvallis, we have like 4 auto places, so I might be able to find it...

-=J=-

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My other question is when I actually find what to mount it to on my car, what do I mount it to on the intake? The MAF sensor?

What?

-=J=-

·
Registered
662 Posts
Originally posted by Jamie Herrington:
Do you think any old place would have an elbow that would fit? In Corvallis, we have like 4 auto places, so I might be able to find it...

-=J=-
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hard to say, depends on the size of the intake tube.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Originally posted by Jamie Herrington:
My other question is when I actually find what to mount it to on my car, what do I mount it to on the intake? The MAF sensor?

What?

-=J=-
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's a problem with these generic kits, they are not designed to accept the MAFS, so that's going to be a problem for you as well. If there is no place for the mounting "thingy" to bolt onto the intake itself, then my guess would be that it has to be attached to the MAFS adapter as well.

G

·
0 Posts
Can you leave the bottom of the stock air filter box to support the intake instead of using that metal bracket ?

And if you have to remove your stock air filter box completely, I'm sure you can secure the intake with some zip ties (make sure you get the longest one).

The only problem is the MAF, if the intake is not design for the our car, it will be hard to fit it.

=dRe=

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
seems similar enough to the Weapon R kit that I've installed twice now, the bracket....well, I've left it off no problem, and it doesnt much concern me to be honest, since the intake pretty much just presses against the hood with the filter and stays put.

the WeaponR kit also came with 3 different rubber adapters for the TB section and and 2 for the MAF section, I can see if I can get my hands on the zetec one to get you specs.......
all for 40 bucks....damn....cheap intake
(weapon r that is)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts