Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the body shop cant figure out what to do. i thought that the st170 bumper (new style euro) was plug and play after the crash foam was removed. it looks like we are gona have to cut the rebar where the holes are to clear the fog light pods.

does any one have pictures of a euro rebar? or how they cut there rebar to fit any euro bumper? any help that i can give my body shop would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
do A search.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
do A search.
I hate that crap...i think most people know to search first. ZX3...I'm nt too sure how to...but I am interested in finding out.

CCC

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
If your ZX3 is a 00 or 01 you have to or the body shop has to cut the front steel beam support a few inches from the end in a downward inner angle towards the ground on each side.

that way the euro bumper can wrap around the modified crash beam and fit snugly..

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
If your ZX3 is a 00 or 01 you have to or the body shop has to cut the front steel beam support a few inches from the end in a downward inner angle towards the ground on each side.

that way the euro bumper can wrap around the modified crash beam and fit snugly..
Anyone have pics of this procedure...

CCC

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Re: HELP ASAP

do A search.
stfu

i did a search and all i come up with is the posts i have made about a year ago. i need help! pics would be greatly apreciated.
welll your right, there were a ton of post in the instlation of the 2002 euros but since the Sever Flush and move, the links and threads are gone,But in the Archives of Focaljet.com

There is this historic thread

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB70&Number=582240&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

and this page of a 2002 Install with PICS
http://home.swbell.net/sabasigh/focus/2002_euro_bumper_install.htm

hope this helps and we all can STFU

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

now wasnt that easy? THANKS!!!! now all i need to do is some how show this to the body shop

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

any one wana tell me a trick to get the rubber lip on? i have not searched yet but i will

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

DO A SEARCH DAMNIT

With the 98 bumper you had to use a rubber mallet to get it on, starting in the middle and working out. I dunno if this is the same on the St170

Dude you coulda asked me, I can basically see your house from my rooftop

1 - 12 of 12 Posts