Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK my check engine light when on today the car runs fine
but there is a hissing noise near the throttle body. And she is sorta idling funny just s little jerky???? Any ideas???
She is on a extended 75,000 mile bumper to bumper warrenty
and i'm worried the intake, plug wires, superchip and Ford racing underdrive pulley are going to cause a problem with warrenty. How ever ford installed it for me.
I'm suspecting vaccumline broke or is loose or something with the throttle body. HELP please someone let me know.
thanks.

·
Registered
970 Posts
how are the bolts holding the tb down? check hoses around it also, there is one right below the tb may be a prob. I would check the tb first then the hoses IMO. :0

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
My First guess is that either your Intake, or a Hose, is Loose.
Second thought is a hole in a tube/hose.
If you think you'd be hassled, it's probably something simple that you can fix yourself if you can take the time to locate it.
Try loosening all of the intake parts, then re-coupling them, (Maybe even Cleaning the junctions), and re-tightening to full hand-tight torque.
If that doesn't work, try all hoses in the area.
Don't forget, you'll need to disconnect your Battery for about 15 minutes to reset that CEL.
If that doesn't work, let us know.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hahahaha....
Dude it was a broken vaccum hose completely broken in half.
They where surpised to see me drive the car to the shop.
What is the hell does a vaccum line do for your cars anyway??? She was driving fine but idle in park wasa little rough but she didn't stall out. Anyone know???
Thing is this its not even covered by Extended warrenty bumper to bumnper ????
Which total sucks if you know what I mean "Vaccum hose like"
hahahahah

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Vacuum hoses run all over the place...

but their importance is maintaining the vacuum in the intake. when theres a break in that... the air that enters after the MAFS is not accounted for in the fueling system... so theres too much air, not enough fuel... running lean and starvation!

·
Registered
970 Posts
which hose was it, if it was the one running from the intake to the pcv valve, it easy to fix the hardest thing to do is to take off the factory clamps other than that its easy to replace.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
"Justin Am I Evil? Yes I Am"

"the_enemy_within
Reged: 10/15/02
Loc: college station "

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts